Thread: [RESOLVED] 10 minutes of your time - a simple "egg timer"

Resolved [RESOLVED] 10 minutes of your time - a simple "egg timer"

Hello all. It's been a while (longer than I thought.) I bought a new PC, but since I haven't used any languages in so long, I just don't care to reinstall for such a simple project. So, I am here to beg!

I request a simple countdown (egg) timer. You enter a length of time (hh:mm:ss), press start, and it counts down the seconds until it reaches 0. I am hoping for a small design, simplistic like Win7 Gadgets.

- Must run on Win7 Pro.
    - Programming language choice does not matter.
    - Please compile; source code not required.
    - No taskbar item if possible. If an icon is "required" by rules, a notification icon is fine ro keep from taking up space.
    - No "alarm" needed; form color change at end of time (then back once new time is running) if you feel the urge to have some sort of indicator.
    - Will run on 1024x768, so frame size does not need to be very large.
    - Close button; no minimize button (unless to notification per above); suitably-sized topbar for such a small window.
    - "Start/Stop" button(s); I don't care if one dynamic or two separate Start and Stop buttons are used
    - "Clear" button to reset values back to 0.
    - Ability to set new time once stopped/cleared. (Not forced to count to 0 on it's own before new time can be set.)

To anyone willing to give this a shot, I thank you.

(Concept images attached: Left is a single textbox with dynamic (S)tart/(S)top button and (C)lear button; Right is three separate text boxes for H:MM:SS and separated (S)tart, S(t)op, and (C)lear buttons.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: 10 minutes of your time - a simple "egg timer"

Never mind. I did it myself.

Re: 10 minutes of your time - a simple "egg timer"

Quote Originally Posted by VBDrone View Post
    Never mind. I did it myself.
    You learned a language and coded it by yourself. Isn't it ?

That's a good thing. I appreciate that.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...