Thread: Ios development on windows(?)

King of sapila

Ios development on windows(?)

I hate iphone, i hate it with all my heart and soul but i need to put out a simple app that just opens a browser window.
    So a few questions.
    1)Development on windows.I have seen many solutions (mono, fire-something, flash, emulate a mac on vmware). What is the best solution and preferably not Apple C language.I could tolerate java if i must.
    2)Publishing.Can i have the app free of charge outside itunes or only cracked iphones can upload it?Will they(itunes) accept a simple app that just opens a web browser and navigate to a page or reject it?
    Thanks.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

King of sapila

Re: Ios development on windows(?)

Since i could not edit:
    3)If i use, let's say ios 4.0 version will it work on 6.0? Asking because Apple do some crazy stuff with versioning.

1) It's Objective C... I don't think Java will fly on Apple... the two have been at odds with each other for some time... Objective C is available on various platforms... but for compiling... I'm not sure you can compile on windows and deploy to iOS...
    2) Outside of iTunes/AppStore? I don't think so... at least not without also unlocking or jailbreaking the phone... even then, I'm not sure. But if you want people to download your app and install it, then it's probably unreasonable to ask them to jailbreak their phone
    3) Who knows... it might, it might not...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

King of sapila

Thanks.
    Well this is what i got so far:
    http://www.dragonfiresdk.com/
    http://xamarin.com/monotouch?gclid=C...FW_KtAod8VgAPg
    Since i need approval to buy them i would have to find if anyone ever used them with success.
    Also about itunes.Where can i ask to see if they accept a simple app as the one i want to make?Apple forums?
    I am at zero point when it comes to Apple so i may be asking silly questions.
    Anyhow, let's say i vmware a mac book, again i would need to know if they will accept my app because i saw there is an 100$ fee.So paying up and not accepting the free app would be...Let's say some "green" fellow we know, might smash into Apple general C.O. and do "stuff" to the employees, especially the big heads.

The only other way I can think of doing this is to run a Mac VM image on a VMWare server running on Windows, although I'm not too sure how legal this.. well as far as i know that's the best way to develop utility apps for i phone on windows otherwise use mac system

Live Chat Support

Even you can try Airplay SDK or Unity 3D, both are compatible and runs on Windows. At last the best option is to run on Mac OS X.

Quote Originally Posted by rbob077 View Post
    Even you can try Airplay SDK or Unity 3D, both are compatible and runs on Windows. At last the best option is to run on Mac OS X.
    Forgot to mention, both the software are available for free. You can download/install and start working.