Thread: How can I make infinite electricity?

Stack Overflow mod​erator

Lightbulb How can I make infinite electricity?

I'd like to save on electricity. How can I make an infinite supply of electricity? Any ideas welcome!

Re: How can I make infinite electricity?

Windmill or Hydropower or Concentrated photovoltaics

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Wear nylon trousers while jogging.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Long extension cord from neighbors house....
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

lightning rod + DeLorean

PowerPoster

Build a hand-cranked generator that you can repair as needed an infinite number of times. Turn the crank until the end of time.

If you are in the right location you might be able to tap the fields created by high tension transmission lines. It can be done, and at least one court has found it to be legal in the US, but you have to live in the right place, and don't expect the owners of the transmission lines to be supportive.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Try getting accommodation in Sun. Because Sun is the ultimate source of energy. Keep a couple of solar panels along with you.

I hope you would update your status via FB when you reach there. Don't thank me now. I will be looking forward to your update.
    Don't forget to upload pics of the aliens over there. I love to meet one. Just let them know my profile address and ask them to add me as friend.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Quote Originally Posted by jcis View Post
    lightning rod + DeLorean
    How long and where/when would cables need to be placed?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Energy cannot be created or destroyed.....Its a basic law of the universe. Sorry what you ask is quite literally impossible
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Ohhh....and what about this then?

http://teslafreeenergy.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by namrekka View Post
    Ohhh....and what about this then?

http://teslafreeenergy.weebly.com/
    Snake oil salesman ?
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Energy cannot be created or destroyed.....Its a basic law of the universe. Sorry what you ask is quite literally impossible
    The question was how to create infinite electricity, not create infinite energy, so the answer to simply continue to convert other forms of energy into electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    The question was how to create infinite electricity, not create infinite energy, so the answer to simply continue to convert other forms of energy into electricity.
    That comment was meant to be slightly humorous as I took a very literal interpretation of his question and since electricity is energy and all energy in all its forms is finite, then in that context there is no such thing as infinite electricity.
    Last edited by Niya; Dec 10th, 2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Meant to say "No such thing as infinite electricty" in the last sentence

.... all energy in all its forms is finite, then in that context there is no such thing as infinite energy.
    That's a mighty big statement: on what do you base this premise?
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley View Post
    Ancient and modern men much smarter than myself went to great lengths to make contributions to a better understanding of our universe and the law of conservation of energy was one such conclusion based on knowledge accumulated over a period of no less than 1500 years.

To be fair, Newton was quite unequivocal on that point.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Another possible solution would be to find a partner and rub them vigorously.

seriously? How did we get 20 posts into this before someone posted the cod?

Code:
    Do While True
      Dim myPower as New Electricity()
    Loop
    Now, if you want to store it so that it can be used later, you may want to store it in a battery....

Code:
    Public Battery as New List(of Electricity)

Do While True
      Battery.Add(New Electricity())
    Loop
    Although you may need to add some checks to make sure that you don't overload your battery... Or you could choose to implement the IPowerCell interface and build your own battery... then you could include the Charge and Discharge methods as well as the Voltage property.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post

Code:
    Do While True
    Loop
    Now, if you want to store it so that it can be used later, you may want to store it in a battery....

Code:

Do While True
    Loop
    Although you may need to add some checks to make sure that you don't overload your battery... Or you could choose to implement the IPowerCell interface and build your own battery... then you could include the Charge and Discharge methods as well as the Voltage property.

-tg
    Something seems fishy.

Ancient and modern men much smarter than myself went to great lengths to make contributions to a better understanding of our universe and the law of conservation of energy was one such conclusion based on knowledge accumulated over a period of no less than 1500 years.
    So, with the premise that we are not using all energy at one time, or using an ever increasing amount of energy, then electricity generation can in fact, be infinite...we are simply limited in our ability to convert from one energy state to another.

Code:
    Do While True
    Loop

Code:

Do While True
    Loop

-tg
    LOL epic rep worthy post.

So, with the premise that we are not using all energy at one time, or using an ever increasing amount of energy, then electricity generation can in fact, be infinite...we are simply limited in our ability to convert from one energy state to another.
    Clever angle

Stack Overflow mod​erator

Something seems fishy.
    Yeah, I see what you mean. You can't put code right after a public variable! And the capitalization's funny! It should be:

Code:
    Dim battery As New List(Of Electricity)

Do
        battery.Add(New Electricity())
    Loop
    So after putting a few classes in, and a thermo-electric converter beside my computer, it works - but it's a little slow. Do I need threads?
    Last edited by minitech; Dec 10th, 2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Whoa, it's not [HIGHLIGHT] anymore? I've been gone a long time.

Threads? For that kind of output you might need ropes!

I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are still missing.
    Check out the rtf-help tutorial
    General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Get more power for your floppy disks. ; View honeybee's Elite Club:
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

..... the IPowerCell ...
    Ehhh...Apple?

Nooooo... not iPowerCell.... the IPowerCell interface...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Goes to show Microsoft still has the biggest ego. They have the big I! Closely followed by Apple which has hogged the small i.

I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are still missing.
    Check out the rtf-help tutorial
    General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Get more power for your floppy disks. ; View honeybee's Elite Club:
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!