Thread: ASP.NET 4 app working fine in localhost, giving runtime error in remote machines

Addicted Member

ASP.NET 4 app working fine in localhost, giving runtime error in remote machines

The title says it all. After a lot of problems with a simple app we use at my workplace, I decided to redo the app again for .NET4 and add some refactoring.

Upon uploading said app, the website runs well on the local host in iis 7.5 Windows server 2008 r2. But when I try to access it on remote machines the server lists a runtime error.

Why?

King of sapila

Re: ASP.NET 4 app working fine in localhost, giving runtime error in remote machines

This is generic.I cannot guess.
    As a start give us the server error.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Addicted Member

Re: ASP.NET 4 app working fine in localhost, giving runtime error in remote machines

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    This is generic.I cannot guess.
    As a start give us the server error.
    Hello, I have since resolved the problem changing the website from that directory to another. (Why that worked I don't know) The error was Runtime error, which was funny because on the server it ran Ok.

Now my problem is that I can't load data from a MS Access database that's linked to a remote sql server via ODBC.
    If I stop IIS it runs fine and loads the data from VWD, which means there is ODBC connectivity. But if I run it on iis, the website loads, but with no Data.

:S

Hello,
    by saying "my problem is that I can't load data from a MS Access database that's linked to a remote sql server"

is this means that you get some errors ??
    if so can you post it ?
    You Don't Have to Rate Me.
    I'm Not a Civilized Man I'm the Civilization it self
    White or Black, Living or Dieing and 0 or 1 that's MY life
    iam an Object in Object Oriented Life
    my blog : http://refateid.blogspot.com/
    twitter :@avrail

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by avrail View Post
    Hello,
    by saying "my problem is that I can't load data from a MS Access database that's linked to a remote sql server"

is this means that you get some errors ??
    if so can you post it ?
    Hello. Actually, I'm not getting any error, which is what makes the task more difficult and/or confusing to me.

When I load it from VS, it loads the data just fine with IIS stopped. When I start IIS and load the application however, the page loads without pulling the data from the database.

The database is an .mdb file that has tables linked to a remote sql server on the network.

Addicted Member

Okay, Upon further inspection I can see now that the error is that I can't connect to the ODBC connection from IIS.
    ODBC--connection to 'ODBCNAMEHERE' failed

Addicted Member

It seems my problem is related to missing access DAC drivers missing from the server, which is WS2k8 r2. Any way to install MDAC or something similar in this server?