Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So beautiful, I can't help but want to share it with everyone on the VB6 forum

PowerPoster

So beautiful, I can't help but want to share it with everyone on the VB6 forum

So beautiful, I can't help but want to share it with everyone on the VBForums.

Scenes of golden-bellied golden pheasant playing in the snow in Ganshan National Forest Park, Sanmenxia, China, flowing Chinese painting ~~~~

https://appdata.langya.cn/uploadfile...3050200884.mp4

This is a precious video taken by a photographer who waited for 3 months in the National Forest Park.

Download and save it, these beautiful birds and beautiful scenery will bring you good luck.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Dec 5th, 2019 at 03:36 AM.

Fanatic Member

Re: So beautiful, I can't help but want to share it with everyone on the VB6 forum

Do you know lots of Chinese websites are isolated LAN? We can't access it.

PowerPoster

Re: So beautiful, I can't help but want to share it with everyone on the VB6 forum

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDavis View Post
    Can't you open the links above? Tell me, which Chinese websites can't you open?

PowerPoster

Can't you open the links above
    the first comes up forbidden, the second goes to a fully chinese login page, so NO
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

PowerPoster

Sorry, this is my problem. weibo.com only allows downloading videos in its mobile app, not on PC. But I didn't want to install the weibo app on my phone, so I used a third-party tool to generate a temporary link to download, and this temporary link will expire in the short time.

I'll upload the full video.

PowerPoster

@DaveDavis, @westconn1, please try the new link.

https://appdata.langya.cn/uploadfile...3050200884.mp4

PowerPoster

this thread should probably be in the chitchat forum

the new link does work
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Beautiful indeed but, yeah, not really at home in VB6 forum. I'm moving it to the ChitChat Forum.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDavis View Post
    I'm able to see it...nice.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Beautiful indeed but, yeah, not really at home in VB6 forum. I'm moving it to the ChitChat Forum.
    That video is a gift I gave to the VB6 sub-forum. I hope the beautiful scenery and beautiful birds will bring them (including you) happiness and ease.

Quote Originally Posted by dreammanor View Post
    That video is a gift I gave to the VB6 sub-forum. I hope the beautiful scenery and beautiful birds will bring them (including you) happiness and ease.
    Chit Chat is for happiness and ease. VB6 forum is for VB6.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    Chit Chat is for happiness and ease. VB6 forum is for VB6.
    Yeap, but few people visit the Chit Chat sub forum.

I hope the beautiful scenery and beautiful birds will bring them (including you) happiness and ease.
    I'm feeling easier already

Yeap, but few people visit the Chit Chat sub forum
    Do you reckon? I always get the feeling that most members drop in here from time to time whereas the Main sub forums tend only to attract people interested in that narrow technology.

Either way, I left a link the VB6 sub forum so folk's will wend their way here. Everybody wins.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Yeah, you couldn't have left it in VB6, that would have run a fowl of the rules.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Rules are for the birds.

nice !!

it is a pitty that in Germany the Bird population ( and Insects) are getting less and less in numbers. Even more sad is that the government doesn't seem to care much.
    to hunt a species to extinction is not logical !
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Yeah, you couldn't have left it in VB6, that would have run a fowl of the rules.
    Toucan play the birds puns game you know...

These puns are hard to swallow.

These puns are hard to swallow.
    I heard people can't stop raven about them...

That was a swift retort

I couldn't resist posting a gratuitous picture of a pair of boobies:-
    Name:  BFB.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  48.6 KB

That was a swift retort
    I don't know...I don't think it is anything to crow about.

Well I was emused by it

Well I was emused by it
    That is enough bird puns for me...I'm getting the flock off this thread.

Sinecure devotee

The eagle eyed will of course note those were blue footed boobies, I kind of like the smaller Tit.

Shouldn't mention the Woodpecker though.
    Didn't intend to parrot this crowd.
    The cop said, " Pl'over mame, what's Th'rush"
    "Let me grab my toupee and put my Heron"

Don't need to Goose me, I'm a Loon on a bit of a Lark....

p.s. That's just Cuckoo. I'm not a chicken, no need to Grouse or Rail about it, I'm an old Coot.
    Wren will it stop.
    Last edited by passel; Dec 6th, 2019 at 10:15 AM.
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

@Tyson, I'll really egret driving you away.

Passel wins the prize for most puns in a single post

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
    nice !!

it is a pitty that in Germany the Bird population ( and Insects) are getting less and less in numbers. Even more sad is that the government doesn't seem to care much.
    In the past, due to the vigorous development of the economy, China ignored the protection of the environment, resulting in a large reduction in wildlife. But in the past 10 years, the Chinese government has done a lot of work on environmental protection, and the number of wild animals has begun to rise.

The golden-bellied golden pheasant is the prototype of the phoenix and the provincial bird of Sichuan Province, China. There are many beautiful places in Sichuan, and the famous scenic spot "Jiuzhai Valley" is located in Sichuan. I used to take my family there and it was really like a fairyland in a dream.

In the past, due to the vigorous development of the economy, China ignored the protection of the environment, resulting in a large reduction in wildlife. But in the past 10 years, the Chinese government has done a lot of work on environmental protection, and the number of wild animals has begun to rise.

The golden-bellied golden pheasant is the prototype of the phoenix and the provincial bird of Sichuan Province, China. There are many beautiful places in Sichuan, and the famous scenic spot "Jiuzhai Valley" is located in Sichuan. I used to take my family there and it was really like a fairyland in a dream.
    I just goggled Jiuzhai Valley, really looks fantastic
    to hunt a species to extinction is not logical !
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

Those cocks seem to be fighting for territory agains those dark-white feather birds

Ill drink to that!

Those pheasants are really pleasant for a peasant like me.

PowerPoster

If you understand Chinese painting, you will understand the meaning of the scenery in this video. When we saw Chinese painting before, we thought it was beautiful and peaceful, but it seemed different from the environment in reality. But after seeing this video, I realized that the scenes in Chinese paintings were real, but now most of these beautiful sceneries have disappeared.

King of sapila

I guess I'm not really into this video. Some birds flapping around.
    That's just me, so:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYSrn43gXOA
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

PowerPoster

Unfortunately I cannot watch youtube videos. Youtube is blocked by our government for political reasons.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Dec 10th, 2019 at 02:04 PM.

Unfortunately I cannot watch youtube videos. Youtube is blocked by our government for political reasons.
    What government is that?

King of sapila

Probably China or North Korea, but don't worry we are all getting there in a while.
    (Is youp0rn blocked too? )

P.S. I don't get why they are not blocking you from this site also, we are the worst here!

PowerPoster

What government is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Probably China or North Korea, but don't worry we are all getting there in a while.
    (Is youp0rn blocked too? )

P.S. I don't get why they are not blocking you from this site also, we are the worst here!
    Yes, it's the Chinese government, which mainly bans Google and FaceBook (but academic institutions and schools can access these sites), and does not ban other sites. We don't agree with this approach of the government, but most people can accept it. There was a period of time (especially 2009-2014), China's Internet environment was too open, and the Internet was full of all kinds of extreme speech, false information and rumors. These unhealthy information had a very bad impact on young people, so the government managed and restricted the Internet, but there are still many ways for people to learn about the world through the Internet.

In fact, China is much more open than Westerners think. China is a paradise for foreigners. Not only does it have a lot of beautiful scenery, wonderful food, and modern life, but it's also the safest country in the world. It's the only country in the world that is more friendly to foreigners (guests) than natives. Because our ancestors educated people very early: What a joy to have when friends come from afar(有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎).
    Last edited by dreammanor; Dec 10th, 2019 at 08:57 PM.

King of sapila

What a load of...
    With the exception of child p0rn, everything else should be open to public.
    If your ancestors educated people then you should not have a fear for bad impact on young people.
    China was very safe for Tibet also. Boy those monks where really educated!
    So your a democratic state a communist state?

And the Chinese mafia is made of angels... I watched Lethal Weapon so I would know.

These unhealthy information had a very bad impact on young people, so the government managed and restricted the Internet, but there are still many ways for people to learn about the world through the Internet.
    You really fell for that one

Our government is guilty of the same things though albeit in lesser terms. For years you couldn't even show a toilet on TV and couples always slept in twin beds. The government decides what is pornography and what words can be said in public. I'm willing to say the USA has some of the most free speech on the planet, but, that doesn't stop people from trying to enforce their beliefs on others via government involvement though.

PowerPoster

So your a democratic state a communist state?
    IMO, China is neither a democracy nor a communist country. China has been exploring a system that suits its own national conditions and is constantly adjusting according to the development of society.

And the Chinese mafia is made of angels... I watched Lethal Weapon so I would know.
    You know too little about China, and those understandings are basically wrong.

You really fell for that one

Our government is guilty of the same things though albeit in lesser terms. For years you couldn't even show a toilet on TV and couples always slept in twin beds. The government decides what is pornography and what words can be said in public. I'm willing to say the USA has some of the most free speech on the planet, but, that doesn't stop people from trying to enforce their beliefs on others via government involvement though.
    10 years ago, when the Chinese government banned Google, I was very angry. But when Google banned Huawei from using Google products according to the requirements of the US government this year, I understood why the Chinese government banned Google.

You know China is a country with a population of 1.4 billion. It is not easy to feed 1.4 billion people (these people were extremely poor before). The Chinese government has not only done this, but has made at least 400 million people rich (of which 200 million are very rich). And all this only took 40 years. Perhaps the Chinese government still has many shortcomings, but it is still making progress, and many countries have begun to regress. There are always some people who are dissatisfied with the government, even if it's only 20%, there are 280 million. I used to be dissatisfied, but I would not just look at the shortcomings of others, I also pay attention to and appreciate the advantages of others.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Dec 11th, 2019 at 11:09 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast