Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money is here! - my new book

Money is here! - my new book

This is a new book I wrote, I'm not professional, it's according a vision I saw and I'll be happy to read the opinions of readers.

Download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4g910w...s_here%21.epub

Name:  Cover.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  17.9 KB

Re: Money is here! - my new book

Not going to give us any clue as to the content?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    Not going to give us any clue as to the content?
    Did you read the book ?!
    It's just a vision, I tried to make it to be true or exist, what do you suggest ? what's the part you don't like ? remember it's not necessary to be literally that we will have money, or may be there's a kind of money we don't know it, it was spiritual meanings according the vision.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedcrow View Post
    Did you read the book ?!
    I would want to know what it was about BEFORE reading it. There are loads of things I could download and read. Why would I choose something that I know nothing about?

I would want to know what it was about BEFORE reading it. There are loads of things I could download and read. Why would I choose something that I know nothing about?
    It's a personal vision about holy verses, it's so small, it won't take 5 minutes of your time, may be you like it, may be not, it's not professional work, I planned to share it with others but if you mean professional or perfect writings, this isn't one of 'em.

It's a personal vision about holy verses
    That is definitely not for me I'm afraid, but now at least everyone can make that determination for themselves.

That is definitely not for me I'm afraid, but now at least everyone can make that determination for themselves.
    Thank you for your positive interaction with my topic

It's a personal vision about holy verses, it's so small, it won't take 5 minutes of your time...
    Your take on holy verses in your book titled "Money is here!"... is this to enlighten us to Namu Myōhō Renge Kyō alternatives?

I know it's a chant, but I timed saying it at 2 seconds before a wad of cash fell from the heavens. With this instant result, why should I waste time reading your eBook? Money should fall into my lap by just reading the cover!

Remember it's not necessary to be literally that we will have money, or may be there's a kind of money we don't know it...
    You might want to change your eBook cover that conveys making money from photography. Maybe into something like God in an expensive robe holding an expensive camera stating "Not literally about cash or photography my children."

Also, are there any javascript files in your eBook that would run when it's opened? If so, what exactly will it do? I would hate to lose money when a book cover promises money.
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Mar 5th, 2018 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Porter View Post
    Your take on holy verses in your book titled "Money is here!"... is this to enlighten us to Namu Myōhō Renge Kyō alternatives?

I know it's a chant, but I timed saying it at 2 seconds before a wad of cash fell from the heavens. With this instant result, why should I waste time reading your eBook? Money should fall into my lap by just reading the cover!

You might want to change your eBook cover that conveys making money from photography. Maybe into something like God in an expensive robe holding an expensive camera stating "Not literally about cash or photography my children."

Also, are there any javascript files in your eBook that would run when it's opened? If so, what exactly will it do? I would hate to lose money when a book cover promises money.
    You read under the name of this section in the forum "This is the place for all your off-topic posts", I supposed the spirit of this section is friendly, we come here - as I think - to be more comfortable after our programming studies in the other section of the forum, so aggressively manners as a reaction for topics here aren't reasonable!

"Also, are there any javascript files in your eBook that would run when it's opened? If so, what exactly will it do? I would hate to lose money when a book cover promises money." I think you talk like a detective, you've to remember that this forum have intelligent programmers, I'm just student in programming field, this's epub file, modern world know it.

More polite way, you can lie to me and say "nice book", "do more better in next book", encourage me.

ahmedcrow, I was in a joking mood before. Sorry if I offended you.

Your eBook is not my cup of tea, but it's cover could use some work. Instead of using a camera, how about sun rays shining through clouds? Also change the title if you plan to promote your eBook elsewhere. It will only attract the wrong readers who will quickly lose interest.
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Mar 6th, 2018 at 05:11 PM.

I agree with that criticism. The cover doesn't speak to me. Both a camera and money seem materialistic, though a heart does not, nor does the subject. This may be a cultural difference. A camera is a symbol, but I can't think of a single case where it symbolizes anything good. I've seen it symbolize capture, detachment, and indifference, and those just don't seem to be benevolent. On the other hand, you put a heart in the lens, so you may have meant one of those, as in "capturing the heart", for example, but I can't say that it really says anything good to me.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

ahmedcrow, I was in a joking mood before. Sorry if I offended you.

Your eBook is not my cup of tea, but it's cover could use some work. Instead of using a camera, how about a cover of sun rays shining through clouds? Also change the title if you plan to promote your eBook elsewhere. It will only attract the wrong readers, who will quickly lose interest.
    No problem Peter, I think your opinion is good, it'll be more good if I make cover that's more related to the content. If you liked the spiritual message of the vision of the book, you can complete my work and make another new book or article for the same topic, if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I agree with that criticism. The cover doesn't speak to me. Both a camera and money seem materialistic, though a heart does not, nor does the subject. This may be a cultural difference. A camera is a symbol, but I can't think of a single case where it symbolizes anything good. I've seen it symbolize capture, detachment, and indifference, and those just don't seem to be benevolent. On the other hand, you put a heart in the lens, so you may have meant one of those, as in "capturing the heart", for example, but I can't say that it really says anything good to me.
    I bring this to my mind now, so I'll care in it in my next books, thank you.

It appears to be a set of verses that have particular meaning to you. You mentioned in the intro that you would have liked to add your personal comments about the verses, and I'd say that would be a good thing. There are some good verses in there, but your comments would likely tie them together into a more complete vision.

Frenzied Member

This is a new book I wrote, I'm not professional, it's according a vision I saw and I'll be happy to read the opinions of readers.

Download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4g910w...s_here%21.epub

Name:  Cover.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  17.9 KB
    Part of me is interested and the other part wants to stay away from this. Well whatever this is about, good luck!
    Last edited by Peter Swinkels; Mar 7th, 2018 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Shortened the text.

It appears to be a set of verses that have particular meaning to you. You mentioned in the intro that you would have liked to add your personal comments about the verses, and I'd say that would be a good thing. There are some good verses in there, but your comments would likely tie them together into a more complete vision.
    You talked wonderful and reasonable, "comments would likely tie them...". I see now that it wasn't wise to leave the comments, I've many visions in my sleeping, we can say that they like messages or kind of enlightenment, one of blocks on my road is Arabic language, not 'cause it's bad, no, it's fluent language but 'cause the abilities of Arabs are weak or under the level I want, I want those messages to be reached by the world, or they'll be like dead ideas, so I want to give world something to deal with, my first try was in forum of "http://www.graphicdesignblog.org" with a book called "The devil's gospel", but the site is gone and I lost my book too, I felt those messages will die, I found the idea of ebook, it's very good for me now, I can share ebooks and keep copies of 'em with me too, it's more perfect way.

I told you that to say that I can't write more wise and slowly for now, I need to take a place in world then start again to write more comfortably and wise, and I can't make computer game that has my ideas nor make a movie. There's a lot of secrets and knowledge, I know few of 'em

Verses you saw aren't the only verses, I put 'em as examples, anyone is free to search by himself and find similarities, word of God can enlighten your mind and heart for some verses and enlighten another one for another some verses, but again, yes, you're right, it would be more good, if I put my comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Swinkels View Post
    Part of me is interested and the other part wants to stay away from this. Well whatever this is about, good luck!
    Jesus is the head of church, take the ideas that's so clearly with the head.

Frenzied Member

Jesus is the head of church, take the ideas that's so clearly with the head.
    Okay, I gave it a quick look. There are interesting morals in your book, but do you realize that:
    1. My english isn’t perfect but I can see yours could certainly be improved.
    2. The subject matter in your book makes me uncomfortable and probably a lot of other forum users as well.
    3. There are many other sites suited to your book’s subject matter.

Thanks for sharing this, but no thank you.

Okay, I gave it a quick look. There are interesting morals in your book, but do you realize that:
    2. The subject matter in your book makes me uncomfortable and probably a lot of other forum users as well.

1. Writers of Gospel wrote it in Greek, although they're not Greek, but for wise reason the holy spirit chose that language, I do the same with English in this time, it was the best choice I've, and I'll improve my English, thanks.

2. I'll trigger an example, Paul was a man who studied the old testament, he didn't belong to Gospel, but Jesus fixed him and sent him with Gospel, the word of God, I studied another holy book, it works here in this example like the old testament, and with visions I saw it can work with Gospel, so there're new topics and matters here.

3. If there're other sites for my book's subject matter, I hope you tell me about 'em.

Thanks for replies

I'm not sure about that. The earliest translations of some texts may well be Greek, but some of it looks likely to be Aramaic, which brings into question what the earliest writing was in.

Frenzied Member

1. Writers of Gospel wrote it in Greek, although they're not Greek, but for wise reason the holy spirit chose that language, I do the same with English in this time, it was the best choice I've, and I'll improve my English, thanks.

2. I'll trigger an example, Paul was a man who studied the old testament, he didn't belong to Gospel, but Jesus fixed him and sent him with Gospel, the word of God, I studied another holy book, it works here in this example like the old testament, and with visions I saw it can work with Gospel, so there're new topics and matters here.

3. If there're other sites for my book's subject matter, I hope you tell me about 'em.

Thanks for replies
    1. Glad to hear it.
    2. and 3.: While I’m more interested in religion than I normally let on and can look up a few sites, I’m not sure if posting the links here is such a good idea.
    Going too deeply in a subject matter which makes people, myself included uncomfortable is one way to cause unpleasant heated arguments. While superficial discussion probably is fine, openly posting links and references to religious texts probably isn’t appropriate and a way to get this thread locked and possibly banned.

Let me put it this way, if there is one thing I’ve learned about the internet is that you can find almost anything if you really want to and don’t mind digging through interesting and sometimes rather bizarre and creepy stuff.

It’s tempting, but I will not openly discuss this subject matter for too long.

So again, NO THANK YOU.

EDIT:
    There is a fine line between being too comfortable and being too uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Peter Swinkels; Mar 8th, 2018 at 02:23 AM. Reason: fixed a few sentences (added missing words)

If you liked the spiritual message of the vision of the book, you can complete my work and make another new book or article for the same topic, if you wish.
    ahmedcrow, sorry if you didn't understand my reply "it's not my cup of tea." What I should've wrote is that I'm not interested in your book because of the subject matter, so I wont complete your work under my name.

If there're other sites for my book's subject matter, I hope you tell me about 'em.
    That's what Google is for! That's what Peter meant after he wrote "The subject matter in your book makes me uncomfortable..." You have to search for these sites yourself.

Anyway, I think it's best if your eBook is in your language first, and if it gets a significant amount of downloads, around 5,000, use a translator (software, free online automated service like Google Translate) to convert it into English.

Lastly, don't allow someone to take credit for your writing by giving it away!
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Mar 8th, 2018 at 06:26 AM.

Frenzied Member

ahmedcrow, sorry if you didn't understand my reply "it's not my cup of tea." What I should've wrote is that I'm not interested in your book because of the subject matter, so I wont complete your work under my name.

That's what Google is for! That's what Peter meant after he wrote "The subject matter in your book makes me uncomfortable..." You have to search for these sites yourself.

Anyway, I think it's best if your eBook is in your language first, and if it gets a significant amount of downloads, around 5,000, use a translator (software, free online automated service like Google Translate) to convert it into English.

Thank you for helping me out here Peter Porter. And ahmedcrow, be careful while searching the internet. Everyone has his/her own idea of what is worth posting on the internet and this can vary considerably. Exploring the internet is fun but sometimes shocking when you find something that while not wrong per se is completely at odds with your own norms and values.

I don't regret having learned about these things, but they can take a while to process. Speaking from personal experience here.
    Last edited by Peter Swinkels; Mar 8th, 2018 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Fixed a sentence.

I'm not sure about that. The earliest translations of some texts may well be Greek, but some of it looks likely to be Aramaic, which brings into question what the earliest writing was in.
    I'll translate spiritual meanings I saw in visions, Greek is suitable to the Gospel and Latin is suitable to the old testament and Arabic has a usage for Gospel too. To me, I think it doesn't so matter to know the real origin language for Gospel.

To search in Google you need keywords for what you seek, if you don't, you can't search.

To share and idea or publish it, there're two directions, from public to private and center point and from center point and private to the public, here in this age, it's suitable to publish your idea from public to private, I talk to world firstly then I talk to my people.

thanks for your replies.

Frenzied Member

To search in Google you need keywords for what you seek, if you don't, you can't search.

To share and idea or publish it, there're two directions, from public to private and center point and from center point and private to the public, here in this age, it's suitable to publish your idea from public to private, I talk to world firstly then I talk to my people.

thanks for your replies.
    يمكنك استخدام مترجم جوجل. وداعا.

And if you can't come up with keywords then you're not really trying.

It's really risky guessing at key words....well, no, it isn't risky: You'll end up at a porn site.

Back in the early days of the internet, I got to introduce some folks to the internet. They had heard about it, and heard how much information you could find so easily, but they were rather shockingly naive about how it worked. One gal was really into horses, so she asked me to search on fillies. At that point, I explained that anything that could be a slang word for a woman would take you to porn sites first, and everything else second. Searching on horses is safe. Searching on fillies...you had best not be too easily shocked.

Frenzied Member

It's really risky guessing at key words....well, no, it isn't risky: You'll end up at a porn site.

Back in the early days of the internet, I got to introduce some folks to the internet. They had heard about it, and heard how much information you could find so easily, but they were rather shockingly naive about how it worked. One gal was really into horses, so she asked me to search on fillies. At that point, I explained that anything that could be a slang word for a woman would take you to porn sites first, and everything else second. Searching on horses is safe. Searching on fillies...you had best not be too easily shocked.
    That is quite possible, I’ve learned that pretty much anything can be turned into porn.

At the risk being repetitive, nearly any word can be used as slang. It gets even more unsettling upon realizing that a word that seems perfectly normal means something that is disgusting to you in another language.

It is easy to be shocked by what other cultures consider normal. The question is what do you do when experiencing such a shock.

Personal experience.
    Last edited by Peter Swinkels; Mar 9th, 2018 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Fixed two spelling errors and added a missing word.

يمكنك استخدام مترجم جوجل. وداعا.
    1. Google isn't bad, it's American good engine
    2. You can say "see you soon" in Arabic, it's more fluent, polite, modest and not pride.

See you soon

And if you can't come up with keywords then you're not really trying.
    Really, all I know is "publish your book", I don't publish my book, I want to share it with others free.

Really, all I know is "publish your book", I don't publish my book, I want to share it with others free.
    But why is a programming forum the place to share a book on religious verses? This is Chit Chat, sure, so it doesn't have to be about programming but if you think that it's appropriate here then there's nowhere that isn't appropriate, so why aren't you posting it everywhere? The fact is that this site has nothing to do with religion so posting a religious ebook here is just rather nonsensical. If you can't come up with keywords that would find places more suitable for it then you're just not trying. Are you seriously saying that you couldn't find sites using Google that are about religion in the first place?

Frenzied Member

Lightbulb Re: Money is here! - my new book

1. Google isn't bad, it's American good engine
    2. You can say "see you soon" in Arabic, it's more fluent, polite, modest and not pride.

See you soon
    Translate this:
    “Dat vind ik geen aardige reactie wanneer iemand je een duwtje in de goede richting probeert te geven.”

When I was more young, it was a problem, closed societies don't have that amount of culture that supposed to be for every society in the modern age, so many persons have a problem with sexual materials, not only with porn sites, I learnt too that not everything is 100% correct or 100% bad. Another problem is "what's the correct meaning of freedom and morals ?".

Some ignorant persons think computers, technology and modern things are symbols of evil and against their poor education.

But why is a programming forum the place to share a book on religious verses? This is Chit Chat, sure, so it doesn't have to be about programming but if you think that it's appropriate here then there's nowhere that isn't appropriate, so why aren't you posting it everywhere? The fact is that this site has nothing to do with religion so posting a religious ebook here is just rather nonsensical. If you can't come up with keywords that would find places more suitable for it then you're just not trying. Are you seriously saying that you couldn't find sites using Google that are about religion in the first place?
    I didn't share it in a programming section, it's off-topics section, you can talk generally about any thing in our rest time, but why 3 members have objections for normal topic, it's normal 'cause I've some ideas and put 'em in a book and shared it with others!

Translate this:
    “Dat vind ik geen aardige reactie wanneer iemand je een duwtje in de goede richting probeert te geven.”
    I won't try, you can tell me and I can give Arabic that google and internet can't help you to translate

Frenzied Member

I won't try, you can tell me and I can give Arabic that google and internet can't help you to translate
    How do you tell some one in Arabic that you feel the tools you offer are being rejected?

Do you feel this way?

. Another problem is "what's the correct meaning of freedom and morals ?".
    Yeah, that's certainly a good point. Everybody tends to think that theirs are correct, but that's really just perspective. Nobody wants to be truly free. We all want obligations, at the very least.

How do you tell some one in Arabic that you feel the tools you offer are being rejected?

Do you feel this way?
    1. I didn't offered the searching in Google and I didn't object to it, but computer can't live up to the mind of man to understand the real complex human language, it's reasonable

2. Are we in a kind of an argument ?! I remembered this verse "Then the Pharisees went and plotted how they might entangle Him in His talk." -Matthew 22:15 (NKJV)

I'm joking, I know you don't mean us to be in an argument

Yeah, that's certainly a good point. Everybody tends to think that theirs are correct, but that's really just perspective. Nobody wants to be truly free. We all want obligations, at the very least.
    Good, yesterday I was reading in Romans for Paul, I'll quote some verses, " Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables" - RO 14:1,2

"I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. " - RO 14:14,15

I think this's like a philosophy of freedom, foods are an example, we can use the same logic in another fields, for example: there's no problem in philosophy, but I know that many religious people don't like or believe in philosophy, I won't talk about philosophy with 'em or using it, not 'cause it's wrong but 'cause that they're weak an think it's heretical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast