dcsimg

Thread: Visual Studio Error Call to SSPI Failed

Visual Studio Error Call to SSPI Failed

Hello all, I have a MySQL server hosted on my ubuntu server, I can remotely connect to the MySQL server through MySQL shell on my windows computer and it works fine. However, when I try to add a database connection in Visual Studio 2019, I input the server IP address and I get an error saying:A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception. I have looked for an exception but have yet to find one. I've tried other forums and fixes to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Visual Studio Error Call to SSPI Failed

Are you saying that you don't know how to examine an inner exception?

The only inner exceptions I see are in the code during debug. If there is another way, please enlighten me.

I think that I may have misunderstood exactly when the issue occurred. Please provide the details of EXACTLY what you did and EXACTLY what happened here:
    Quote Originally Posted by jmctechnologies View Post
    However, when I try to add a database connection in Visual Studio 2019, I input the server IP address and I get an error saying:A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.

Okay, so to recreate the error: I create a new windows forms.net project, go to the left in data services and connect to a database. I get a window that let's me choose what type of database i.e. microsoft database, oracle, mysql, etc. I choose MySQL, which opens a new window with a server, username, password, and database text boxes. I input the server IP address, since it is hosted on my local network and I get the error Call to SSPI failed, see inner exception. Also, I can recreate this error with or without adding any code, it can be a completely new and blank project. Thank you for your help.

Can you provide an example of a connection string that works in code but fails in the Server Explorer?

So I can't get visual basic to connect at all to MySQL. The only connection I can make is through the mysql client ob my computer to connect to the mysql server. (I have a physical server with ubuntu server installed.)

In essence:

mysql> \connect 'test'@'server_ip'

it asks for a password, I provide it and it logs me in. I created a user on mysql to be hosted by the remote computer. Also I changed the bind address in mysqld.cnf to 0.0.0.0 to allow remote connections.

I can't reproduce the issue I'm afraid. I may have my available MySQL servers configured differently. I'm more experienced with SQL Server so I may have to leave you to those who know more about MySQL. I suspect that you would be better off posting in the Database Development forum and specifying that the database is MySQL in the title. You can use the Report Post icon under a post to send a message to the mods and ask them to move this thread.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Moved
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd