dcsimg

Thread: Why can't I post?

Why can't I post?

When I try and submit a post/question in this forum, I get a page error:

Something went wrong!

Sadly, you’ve reached a page that can’t be displayed.

We’ve logged this action, so we are aware there is an issue!

At this time, please hit your browser’s back button or simply close this page!

The incident ID is: N/A.
    Event id: 466334510311

Why can't I post a question in here?

Re: Why can't I post?

So, I see that post went through...but when I try and post my question, it errors out on me. Maybe it's too long?

Thanks,
    PennyPinscher

So, I see that post went through...but when I try and post my question, it errors out on me. Maybe it's too long?

Thanks,
    PennyPinscher

Welcome to VBForums

As this is a popular site, we have various security measures in place. One of those is that posts from new members don't always show immediately, in order to minimise spam. You successfully posted your question twice, they just weren't visible until manually approved. Your question is here:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...in-Union-Query
    (I deleted the duplicate).

The "something went wrong" message is a much more complex security thing (and we don't really know what triggers it), but thankfully it doesn't happen often.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPinscher View Post

Thanks,
    PennyPinscher
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyPinscher View Post

Thanks,
    PennyPinscher
    Also there's another issue that causes duplicate posts to happen if you're not paying attention. If after replying to a post, you get the messae that you can't post more than once in ## seconds, try again in ## seconds.... scroll down and look to see if your post is there... it should be... just quietly back out. This too doesn't always happen, but does seem to with threads with code in them... yet another long-standing issue with the forums that has yet to be fixed - if it ever will be.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    Welcome to VBForums

As this is a popular site, we have various security measures in place. One of those is that posts from new members don't always show immediately, in order to minimise spam. You successfully posted your question twice, they just weren't visible until manually approved. Your question is here:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...in-Union-Query
    (I deleted the duplicate).

The "something went wrong" message is a much more complex security thing (and we don't really know what triggers it), but thankfully it doesn't happen often.
    Thank you! I was able to see my other post.