dcsimg

Thread: vb6 connect mysql without odbc

Question vb6 connect mysql without odbc

Hello,
    I am a retired computer scientist and I have developed a lot in VB6. Today I work for an association "University of free time"(senior)
    My internet provider is OVH. This refuses ODBC to access mysql.
    I know there is a way with VB6 and possibly PHP to access my database. Could I have examples. It would be nice of you.
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Please excuse my bad english.

Re: vb6 connect mysql without odbc

Is your MySQL hosted over the internet? If yes then it would not be possible to access it using ODBC in VB6 if the database is not configured for public use. You could try using some web service to return data from it. And if you are going to use PHP there are tons of examples out there, try them out and if you encounter some problem then you could post them in the appropriate section of this forum.
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Re: vb6 connect mysql without odbc

Quote Originally Posted by dee-u View Post
    Is your MySQL hosted over the internet? If yes then it would not be possible to access it using ODBC in VB6 if the database is not configured for public use. You could try using some web service to return data from it. And if you are going to use PHP there are tons of examples out there, try them out and if you encounter some problem then you could post them in the appropriate section of this forum.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, my mysql is on the Internet and I saw, as you say the examples with PHP but I don't know how to set it up. Is there any information to put on the server.
    thank you in advance
    Regards