dcsimg

Thread: How to create open file

How to create open file

Hello Everyone,
    Today i have a problem to my software PC.

History :
    Before, i already installed the software/app (read = only 1 software not all) to my pc, all working very well.
    Then..., I uninstall it software with a reason i want to update to another version, during this uninstall i using another software/app, so all (only this software) files is deleted.

Then...., I installed some software/app but with new version.
    Once finish installation, i found all files under this software is change extention to other software, i try to open the file using "open with", but there i didn't seen the program (software.exe), then i do browse to looking the path for (software.exe), i found it, but once choosing that (software.exe) is not running.

As well as my problem, could anyone know how to make it the app to find it software and place it to open with.

Could be the App something like this :
    have 1 textbox, 1 list box and 2 button
    description :
    Text box to find and search the app/software place once 1 button (first button) is click to open the path.
    Once first button has found the path, then another button when click (toggle) the app.exe should be place to "Open
    With", with message place into list box.

Thanks.
    Rukmi.

Re: How to create open file

I don't think the extension of the files have changed, but the associated icon.

Your request for the app is quite odd.
    If you want to change the association of a file type then you normally use the Windows functions to do so.
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/chang...ations-windows

After searching, i found the app is exactly what i need.
    That is OpenWithAdd, here is the link https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...d-program.html

My question now, how to make a copy from app.exe path to send to open with as a default program, so when right click the app.exe can appears there.

Hope someone here can explain here, or have some example.

Thanks,
    Rukmi.

After searching, i found the app is exactly what i need.
    That is OpenWithAdd, here is the link https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...d-program.html

My question now, how to make a copy from app.exe path to send to open with as a default program, so when right click the app.exe can appears there.

Hope someone here can explain here, or have some example.

Thanks,
    Rukmi.

JDC,
    I already did that way, go to regedit then do same way, but still not fix it problem, i am using windows 7 64bit.

But now already solved, i use open with add from other guy app, that freeware and easy to use.

Anyway thank you for link, i will keep that to my archive.

Thanks,
    Rukmini.