Thread: VB6 and True DB Grid 6 in Windows 10

VB6 and True DB Grid 6 in Windows 10

I have been using True DB Grid 6 in my VB6 software for many years (I know, it's OLD) including in Windows 10. Recently I am unable to specify the DRAG AND DROP ICON which is needed in order for my customers to be able to drag and drop in the grid. When I specify the icon in the properties window of the grid the name of that icon file used to pop up and all was well. Now my icon selection is ignored and nothing happpens in the DRAG ICON entry of the properties of the grid.

Also, I am unable to UNINSTALL TDB Grid 6 without getting error code 216 when I try (so that I can re-install).

How can I regain the Drag-Drop functionality? How might I set the icon at Run-time perhaps? You are my last hope in solving this, I am at my wit's end! Many thanks for your assistance with this issue.
    david.abineri AT gmail.com
    Last edited by Shaggy Hiker; Jan 26th, 2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Altered email address.

gibra

Re: VB6 and True DB Grid 6 in Windows 10

Since we are talking about TDBGrid version 6.0, which is very old, it would be better for you to attach a test project that reproduces the error.

P.S.
    ABSOLUTELY: your email address should never be indicated! Delete him.

Gibra, Thank you for you kind reply. I can certainly make a test project with a form having a tdb6 grid on it and it will not allow me to set the DRAG ICON. Will this help you to diagnose this issue as no code is needed, just a form with a grid? Please let me know if this would be useful and I will post it here.

Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by gibra View Post
    Since we are talking about TDBGrid version 6.0, which is very old, it would be better for you to attach a test project that reproduces the error.

P.S.
    ABSOLUTELY: your email address should never be indicated! Delete him.

gibra, I am going crazy with this issue of not being able assign the DRAG ICON!

Is the problem with the VB6 environment or the True DB Grid ocx? Do you know if the icon can be set at run time and if so, what is that syntax? There is a TDBGRID.DRAGICON method but I do not know the syntax of setting this to a particular icon file (.ico). Please let me know if you have any ideas that I might try.
    Thanks

I edited your first post. You shouldn't post plain emails. Many visitors are bots, and they'd love to pick up an email address to spam you with.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I edited your first post. You shouldn't post plain emails. Many visitors are bots, and they'd love to pick up an email address to spam you with.
    Thank you!

PROBLEM SOLVED. Even though when setting the DRAG ICON it does not appear in the properties box, it apparently is accepted. Just be sure you have "TDBGrid1.Drag vbBeginDrag" in the DragCell sub.