dcsimg

Thread: Need Guideance On Smart Card Reader

Hyperactive Member

Question Need Guideance On Smart Card Reader

Hi, Everyone,
    Happy New Year (i now it's late, but this is my first post of this year)..

btw..
    i have been assigned to a project where i need to read personal information (profile) data to and from a smart card using smart card reader.

i m using "ACR38 Smart Card Reader", at start i thought it's just like CRUD type process and would be easy to complete. But later i found out it's not easy at all, and the SDK provided by the hardware company is not helpfully by any means

so, i looked for better sdk, wrapper for .net to handle the reading/writing part, but didn't success on that case either..

so, i came here with a hope so that any one with past experience may able to guide/help out out my pointing out the resource/way to solve my issue.

thanks in advance

best regards

Hyperactive Member

Re: Need Guideance On Smart Card Reader

any help? any one?

King of sapila

Re: Need Guideance On Smart Card Reader

Ye,
    If the SDK of the card is not helpful then I'm not sure why the SDK is there in the first place. Try to recheck the SDK.
    If you don't fnid anything, I can think of 2 ways you can go on.
    1)Use the Windows Namespace Windows.Devices.SmartCards . You can find a sample here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sam...les/smartcard/
    2)Use the Windows API: You can take a look here: https://www.pinvoke.net/default.aspx...d.scardconnect
    I'm not sure if the latest is also used for the Windows.Devices.SmartCards namespace, so I would suggest first trying the no1 suggestion.
    Slow as hell.