dcsimg

View Poll Results: How do you build code for others to use?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use my own machine.

0 0%
  • I use my own machine, with AntiVirus and/or check it with TotalVirus or similar service.

2 50.00%
  • I use a VM inside my machine.

1 25.00%
  • I use a VM inside my machine with nothing downloaded from the Internet, except from large companies.

0 0%
  • I use a dedicated machine.

0 0%
  • I use a dedicated machine with nothing downloaded from the Internet, except from large companies.

0 0%
  • Other, please specify

1 25.00%

Thread: How do you build code for others to use?

Hyperactive Member

How do you build code for others to use?

What measures do you take to produce code that you deploy to others to make sure that you are not propagating viruses/spyware? Do you include binaries compiled from small time developers, who usually don't disclose how the code was compiled, or only large companies(presumably they use dedicated machines for this purpose)?
    Last edited by qvb6; Jan 3rd, 2020 at 01:00 PM.

Re: How do you build code for others to use?

* Other - I don't write virus or spyware...

On a serious note... I don't come in direct contact with the client. I commit to gitHub enterprise.. from there, a daemon takes the code, containerizes it, builds the application, runs tests, if it passes, sends it on to the next step, which is a second pull into another container, where is it built again, the resulting bytecode is then put into a nexus repo on the network, waiting to be pulled the next time it's needed.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *