dcsimg

Thread: How can I get printdocument pagecount without show in printpreviewdialog?

How can I get printdocument pagecount without show in printpreviewdialog?

I just need to get Printdocument PageCount. I like to get it only with Button_click with in a messagebox. I can get result only if I use with calling PrintPreviewDialog.showDialog windows.

Re: How can I get printdocument pagecount without show in printpreviewdialog?

You seem to be under the impression that there is some magic to it. There isn't. The only way a PrintDocument could calculate the page count is to perform a print run and see how many time the PrintPage event is raised. The number of times the PrintPage event is raised is determined by YOUR logic. That means that, if you want to know what the page count will be without actually performing a print run, YOU need to apply that same logic to the data being printed OUTSIDE of the printing code. For instance, let's say that you have a DataGridView that you intend to print. In the PrintPage event handler, you loop through the rows and print 100 at a time and, when done, you check whether there are still rows to print and set e.HasMorePages accordingly. How do you think you would calculate the number of pages without performing a print run? You'd get the number of rows in the grid and dive by 100, right? You need to apply the same principle to your data. The PrintDocument is for printing. If you don't want to print, leave it alone.