dcsimg

Thread: Datepicker issue

Hyperactive Member

Datepicker issue

Hello experts
    I'm hoping to do something with datepicker and I don't know if this is possible.
    I'm seizing date of birh manually in custom format datepicker. I want if possible when I seize the two first digits of the date, the two digits of the month are selected automatically, then when I seize the month, the four digits of the year are also selected or get focus automatically.
    thank you for any idea

Re: Datepicker issue

not quite sure what you are after, but you can use the day, month and year functions to return each individual 'part of a date from a datepicker.

i.e....

Code:
    Debug.Print Day(DTPicker1.Value)
    Debug.Print Month(DTPicker1.Value)
    Debug.Print Year(DTPicker1.Value)

Hyperactive Member

thank you sir but it seems you din't understand my worry.

Name:  03-11-2019 12-52-54.png
Views: 75
Size:  1.1 KB

Imagine someone was born in 10/08/2010
    After seizing 10, I want 11 to be selected automatically and ready to accept the new value without need to use the mouse and put the curser on 11 to seize 08.

PowerPoster

The user can press Ctrl-Tab to move forward through the subfields, Shift-Ctrl-Tab to move backward. There is no method exposed to perform that action, and not really any event you might use besides the Change event.

Rather than try to invent weird behaviors, teach users how a DatePicker works. Then they can use them everywhere.

Tab moves between controls. When a DTPicker has focus, the up/down arrows can change subfield values and Ctrl-Tab/Shift-Ctrl-Tab moves among subfields. Tab again to move to the next field.

Frenzied Member

I think you are not clear, please use Google translator and write the message in your language. It works quite well.
    Also, you post an image with 10/11/2019 and talk about 10/08/2010.

What do you mean by "seizing"?

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    The user can press Ctrl-Tab to move forward through the subfields, Shift-Ctrl-Tab to move backward. There is no method exposed to perform that action, and not really any event you might use besides the Change event.

Rather than try to invent weird behaviors, teach users how a DatePicker works. Then they can use them everywhere.

Tab moves between controls. When a DTPicker has focus, the up/down arrows can change subfield values and Ctrl-Tab/Shift-Ctrl-Tab moves among subfields. Tab again to move to the next field.
    Thanks a lot
    very clear

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    I think you are not clear, please use Google translator and write the message in your language. It works quite well.
    Also, you post an image with 10/11/2019 and talk about 10/08/2010.

What do you mean by "seizing"?
    "seizing " In french want to say "saisir" I mean writing
    anyway thank you
    dilettante gave me what I need

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post

With the "official" DTPicker that comes with "Windows Common Controls 2 6.0 (SP6)" you can move between fields with the right and left arrows.
    I know there are problems with custom implemented versions of the control and they don't handle these keys.
    It can be done but requires some extra code that is rather complex. Krool did it in his version.

PowerPoster

So there are already plenty of navigation options.

One problem with automatically moving is knowing when to move.

sounds like a credit card expiry date selector with 3 listbox type controls, onclick move to next