dcsimg

Thread: List of VB6 libraries used by Access 2000 macros, scripts and VBA?

List of VB6 libraries used by Access 2000 macros, scripts and VBA?

Hello. I have upgraded my VB6 application to VB.NET application and along this application which is for data entry, comes Access 2000 application which serves as data analyzing and reporting tool. The Access 2000 app contains macros, scripts and VBA code which though 20 years old, works well if certain VB6 libraries are installed on the operating system running the Access application.

We have this VB6 IDE(Visual Studio 6) CD which contains these libraries.

Does somebody knows which are the appropriate VB6 libraries that run old Access 2000 apps and where can I find them when installed on the operating system?
    Or I must take the CD and search the libraries there?

Also can I include them as libraries in my VB.NET project(Visual Studio 2005)?
    Are they of type *.dll?

Re: List of VB6 libraries used by Access 2000 macros, scripts and VBA?

kutlesh,

Are you saying that your MS-Access VBA code isn't working on contemporary versions of Windows?

Personally, I'd be surprised if it didn't "just work".

If it's not working, some screenshots of error messages would be very helpful.

Elroy

EDIT1: Also, I'd be tempted to upgrade the MS-Access version you're using. You'd need to alpha-test all those VBA procedures, but they should all upgrade without much problem.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. Please understand that I’ve been programming since the mid-1970s and still have some of that code. My contemporary VB6 project is approaching 1,000 modules. In addition, I have a “VB6 random code folder” that is overflowing. I’ve been at this long enough to truly not know with absolute certainty from whence every single line of my code has come, with much of it coming from programmers under my employ who signed intellectual property transfers. I have not deliberately attempted to remove any licenses and/or attributions from any software. If someone finds that I have inadvertently done so, I sincerely apologize, and, upon notice and reasonable proof, will re-attach those licenses and/or attributions. To all, peace and happiness.

Re: List of VB6 libraries used by Access 2000 macros, scripts and VBA?

Yes we have MS Office 365, i.e Access 2016. The problem is, the apps are legacy and there are plans for upgrade but we still depend on these old apps.
    We have the CD with VB6 libraries and all of our old computers were replaced with newer that work on Windows 10. Yes I can take the CD and install all libraries so that old Access 2000 apps will work on newer computer.

The question was, can I include the necessary libraries in the VB6(Visual Studio 6) projects and which ones?
    Also what about VB.NET(Visual Studio 2005) projects?