dcsimg

Thread: What is going on with IE 11

What is going on with IE 11

Seems that big corporate sites - like ADP - are informing users that IE 11 will no longer be supported.

Seems even FaceBook has a banner about FB no longer supporting IE 11.

IE 11 life-cycle is tied to the OS it's installed on, from what I understand.

What have you all heard about IE 11?

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Re: What is going on with IE 11

Well, last time I heard anything about IE11 was just yesterday and the web app that I work on will need to support IE11... Don't know if we need to support Edge though... and I'm not sure I want to ask.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

My assumption is they're making that call because Windows 7 support ends January 14, 2020. Once support ends, users using IE11 on Windows 7 will most likely stop receiving any updates, so it is easier to say "No IE 11" vs "No IE 11 if you're on Windows 7."

PowerPoster

Windows 10 still has IE 11.

Edge was slated to be replaced by a new browser based on Chromium, but is supposed to retain the Edge name. Not sure where that's at though, I never run Edge on purpose. What an awful UI.

King of sapila

The biggest problem is anyone using activeX . You still need to use Iexplorer and , yes, we have some custom apps that use activex till now.
    Other than that I don't think a person in their right mind will ever use Iexplorer intentionally. They only time I use it is because somehow adobe flash updates open up Iexplorer to download the exe file. Other than that (and except from the aforementioned company apps) I haven't used it for years. At a point,last year if I remember correctly, I found out the I was still having Iexplorer 9 at home and went like, "meh" .
    Slow as hell.