Thread: This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts

PowerPoster

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts

When I do a "Reply with Quote", and then I click on "Post Quick Reply", it goes into Advance mode, and I get this message:
    Code:
    The following errors occurred with your submission
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds.
    When I look at the thread, I see my message is already posted

It's a nice feature to have "wait 30 seconds between posts", but I don't think it's working properly... I didn't click twice... I just clicked on "Post Quick Reply"

King of sapila

Re: This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts

Yeah it's been here for months. Just click the back button for now.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Sinecure devotee

Actually over a year.
    As an alternative, you can just select "Go Advance" when you choose to reply. Submitting from the Advance won't trigger the go to advance transition after submitting.
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

Still not sure if the guys upstairs will ever fix this....

If it'll make you feel better the site staff is exempt from the thirty second rule. Most of the time all of our posts get duplicated and we have to delete one

Still not sure if the guys upstairs will ever fix this....

If it'll make you feel better the site staff is exempt from the thirty second rule. Most of the time all of our posts get duplicated and we have to delete one

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

^Like that.

I've almost banned myself as a spammer while deleting my duplicate posts
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Sinecure devotee

I assumed "that duplication" was left on purpose, for illustration.
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

DING DING DING - Ladies and Gentlemen - We have a WINNER

He also got lucky, because duplication only happens about 60-70% of the time. Every now and then, I just post the Quick Reply to see whether or not duplication happens. When it doesn't, I get hopeful....then disappointed. It always ends in disappointment. Maybe someday it won't.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    He also got lucky, because duplication only happens about 60-70% of the time. Every now and then, I just post the Quick Reply to see whether or not duplication happens. When it doesn't, I get hopeful....then disappointed. It always ends in disappointment. Maybe someday it won't.
    I think it has to do with the content you are posting. If it has certain formatting tags then it dups.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

I think it has to do with the content you are posting. If it has certain formatting tags then it dups.
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

If you use HIGHLIGHT tags, it ALWAYS dups. Other than that, I have not been able to see any pattern of any sort. If you've seen one, let me know.

After all, you generally can't duplicate in Chit-Chat (or else the Post Race would be even more insane), unless you use HIGHLIGHT tags. I use either no tags, CODE tags, or QUOTE tags, and see no pattern to duplication.

I suspect that if it hasn't been fixed by now, it's never going to be fixed.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

If you use HIGHLIGHT tags, it ALWAYS dups. Other than that, I have not been able to see any pattern of any sort. If you've seen one, let me know.

After all, you generally can't duplicate in Chit-Chat (or else the Post Race would be even more insane), unless you use HIGHLIGHT tags. I use either no tags, CODE tags, or QUOTE tags, and see no pattern to duplication.
    I use quote tag and its dup'd but only sometimes. Maybe because I use teh color tag too?

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I use quote tag and its dup'd but only sometimes. Maybe because I use teh color tag too?

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

There it is dup'ing with a quote and a color tag in QR

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Just tried it out in the test area, and didn't get a duplicate with a quote, or a quote and color.

Just tried it out in the test area, and didn't get a duplicate with a quote, or a quote and color.
    Guess its just for me then. Im working twice as hard as anyone else.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Addicted Member

I get the 30 second wait too. Even if I haven't posted in 10 hours.
    I just ignore it.

I just go back to the original thread and my post is there.

Defiantly a bug or issue with the forum settings.