Thread: cinema booking system

cinema booking system

hi everyone
    i need help in creating my project in VB 6 which is cinema booking system
    the problem is in how to reserve the seats when a person chose the seat it will turn to red and if not it will be green from the beginning for available seat .and I'm a beginner an totally have no idea about this !

Name:  theatre.jpg
Views: 8458
Size:  53.0 KB

thanks in front for any help or advise

Fanatic Member

Re: cinema booking system

I'd suggest treating these as separate tasks.

(1) Taking a reservation.
    This should create some records in your database (basically the relation between a Performance (or Event), a [Customer] Booking, and one or more Seats).

(2) The screen you show should read those records and update the display accordingly.
    Here's one way:
    Create labels (in a Control Array) to represent each seat.
    Add these into a Collection, using the Seat number as the key to each entry (say, "A-1" through "L-15").
    Retrieve the booked seats for this performance, look up the Label in the Collection (by Seat Number key) and change the background colour of the Label as required.
    (To "clear" the display, loop through the Control Array and update the background colour of every Label).

Regards, Phill W.

Quote Originally Posted by msamsamsa View Post
    ...I'm a beginner an totally have no idea about this !
    It could be a bit overwhelming for you... I suggest to research on how to load form dynamically; also research on how to work with databases, etc tasks...

Here....look at this example....please don't copy it (its okay, but I would rather you do your own), but go through the code to see how it is done...you can do something similar.

Phill.W : thanks a lot

RhinoBull : thanks and i needed something to start with ....appreciate your advise

SamOscarBrown : thanks a lot wont copy and you helped me a lot by your work

I did one before was easy example for booking and easy way to make booking

I try to sent you example

I did one before was easy example for booking and easy way to make booking

I try to sent you example

Ibra,

Welcome to VBForums. However, that was over 5 years ago. Hopefully, he's either gotten it done by now or moved on. It'll be interesting to see if he responds.

Come on over here and join us for more recent posts.

Elroy
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. Please understand that I’ve been programming since the mid-1970s and still have some of that code. My contemporary VB6 project is approaching 1,000 modules. In addition, I have a “VB6 random code folder” that is overflowing. I’ve been at this long enough to truly not know with absolute certainty from whence every single line of my code has come, with much of it coming from programmers under my employ who signed intellectual property transfers. I have not deliberately attempted to remove any licenses and/or attributions from any software. If someone finds that I have inadvertently done so, I sincerely apologize, and, upon notice and reasonable proof, will re-attach those licenses and/or attributions. To all, peace and happiness.

Lively Member

Semi-serious comment... Maybe allow alternate seat colours or shape for users with Red-Green blindness?

hello! i'm currently doing cinema seating system. anyone knows what' the coding for auditorium selection? Thanks in advance