Thread: [RESOLVED] At Runtime this happens. ActiveX disappears from the Me.Form.hWnd

Resolved [RESOLVED] At Runtime this happens. ActiveX disappears from the Me.Form.hWnd

Dear Programmers,

I am looking to overthrow this problem of mine and also for future programmers of Basic architecture of Microsoft products. When I draw a Form using standardised ActiveX Controls. like CommandButton and PictureBox, then it looks good in DesignTime. However at RunTime and CompileTime they all vanish off the Form. However the Form stays enact, at that...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Re: At Runtime this happens. ActiveX disappears from the Me.Form.hWnd

Maybe their .Visible property is set to False.
    Then you see the controls in design-time but not when executed.

I know but I have checked that and all of the .Visible, .Enabled and also the Runtime Invisible to their correct properties, even. Cause I am working using the UserControl and then placing it on a Form, inside the very same project. which then I am using VBA to add it to the Adobe Director Movie, using the ActiveX Xtra.x32 file addon, also then
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

If all controls are invisible at runtime then either their .Visible property is set to False OR they are moved outside the form boundaries.
    Check the .Visible, .Left and .Top properties of your controls during runtime.

done that, it all has been also rechecked by my people, even. I am going to have to post, that section of source code, the entire project is about seventy-three megabytes, which I can't post all of it, here, then

my source code looks like the attachment below in this post of mine...
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's the source code of one of the controls.
    You should post the complete project.

61.8Mb sorry I can't do that

61.8MB zipped source code, wow that's quite a lot.

Is it about the Desktop usercontrol which doesn't show in runtime on a form?
    Then there must be some "faulty" code in the form hosting the usercontrol.

it worked last week and also nearly to the day, overlapping on the very day, that I got it working beforehand, even

I find it hard to understand what you are saying.

Do you mean it worked fine until some hours ago?

last weeks nighty build of the project, did

A compile doesn't change the source code, so someone has changed something in the project which causes the undesired effect.
    Do a restore of the source backup of before the last week nightly build, then compare the current source with the restored source.

it's on a tape of my data server

Thanks for your help in my matter at hand

the problem hasn't been resolved, still. I need answers to the problems I have in my coding as per that my problem revolves around now, like

Sorry, but you have a 60+MB project. It worked last week, but suddenly it doesn't work as expected anymore.
    I gave you all kind of advice, but somehow you are unable to resolve it.
    Did you use the debugger to see the status (.visible, .left, .top) of the control(s) on the specific form during the load of the form?

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    it's on a tape of my data server
    Then restore it ...

Fanatic Member

What's the OS?

Sorry I had to wait for the long period of time, like being closed for the night. Now the Operating System is called Windows SX. I am making this for Microsoft, plus that they don't know about it yet, but then I might be able to make the top list of software products, even for them

When i get it off the backup tape, it looks like this, as per below in the attachment section of this post...
    Richie's WinSX.zip

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    Sorry I had to wait for the long period of time, like being closed for the night. Now the Operating System is called Windows SX. I am making this for Microsoft, plus that they don't know about it yet, but then I might be able to make the top list of software products, even for them
    That sounds impressive.
    I assume you mean a Desktop Shell replacement and not a real OS, because you can't write an OS in VB6.

Were you able to fix your problem with the restored project?
    Last edited by Arnoutdv; Oct 3rd, 2019 at 02:41 AM.

I know that was what I had though too, even. However I just shell cmd commands, like copy, del and also mkdir, etc. Also that I was unable to restore the project's director source movie, even

That's a pity, now you have lost all of your work?

I got the tape backup zip of it, now I have returned to the backup, many days older than my last working version

First start with a text compare on both projects.
    I assume there is one specific form which hosts the Desktop user control, so start with this form

This is what of part I could be able to salvage using my tape backup device and my server. also please look at it in the DIR files, if you have Adobe Director 12 Shockwave Player, also...
    Ambra.zip

I don't have Adobe Shockwave player

The VBP contains references much more files (forms, classes, modules) then you have included in the zip.
    The user controls hardly contain any code, except for resize events and some multi-media components.

Just make a small project, with a single form and the usercontrol (desktop.ctl??) which is causing problems.
    Then upload this small project

okay then I will try, to have that possibly done for you

Here is a strip down version of my programmed application...
    Attached Files Attached Files

The project file (WinSX.vbp) is referencing a lot of OCX files I don't have access too.
    Object={0F24E104-DDC7-4416-ABE8-28443232F098}#1.0#0; OutlookMail.ocx
    Object={81069201-E508-4408-B9E7-501E8A601125}#4.0#0; BrowserSX.ocx
    Object={6F8E06C6-DC16-4CAD-831F-0CD5327BEA3C}#9.0#0; CortanaSX.ocx
    Object={2F17093D-E5E8-46F0-9C58-B708A4A5313F}#1.0#0; Help.ocx
    Object={43F330F9-FC61-4157-84D9-ADD99ED24059}#3.0#0; MSDN.ocx
    Object={BE2A6267-F920-48FA-98E1-A6EDAF67248A}#3.0#0; ServerSX.ocx
    Object={BB21482B-2C74-4EF4-92AA-676ACDCD3282}#1.0#0; ScrollBars.ocx
    Object={B852DD61-224D-4D56-9141-2F823BE14C05}#1.0#0; UserFormSX.ocx
    Object={018F8567-BF16-4D3D-BCE2-1BA95DAD4150}#1.0#0; Custom Dialog.ocx
    Object={74DB2193-6CF0-4FEF-A6BA-58EBA635B135}#5.0#0; VSuiteSX.ocx

And the WinSX project itself is also an OCX.

What's the purpose of all this?

oh sorry there, I will zip pack them tomorrow morning, I have to jott off work, because of the storm tonight and tomorrow morning. so then IT says stop work

No no, please stop.
    Don't create a zip file with all OCX files referenced.
    I'm not going to open it.

You better learn how to debug a project.
    You can open your WinSX.OCX in the IDE then start it, then open your main project (which uses the WinSX.OCX) in a new IDE session.
    Then start the main project project and use the debugger to monitor what's happening.
    When the main form is shown then check properties of the WinSX.OCX and why it's not shown on the screen.
    Be especially aware of "On Error Resume Next" because that will hide a lot of the possible problems.

oh and the storm passed over me like one hour ago, I had to come back here, then

Thanks for the support, I got the project's problems fixed. It was showing the lock screen as being locked and without a password, even.