dcsimg

Thread: WinHTTPRequest Client Certificate

WinHTTPRequest Client Certificate

Hi,

We have a need to use a client certificate in order to work with an API endpoint. Everything is working until we try to have a different user account run the process. Apparently the issue we're having is due to the client certificate being installed in my personal store (LOCAL_MACHINE\MY\Certificate).

Installing the certificate in each user's personal store isn't an option as they aren't able to establish a console session on the server in question (RemoteApp). I need to install the client certificate in a location where all users can access it (and it can be used with the SetClientCertificate method), or be able to reference the certificate PFX file.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards
    Brad

Re: WinHTTPRequest Client Certificate

I work in an evironment where I have to install a dozen certificates to use a system (literally there's 12, don't ask) ... we install them by downloading them to our local computer and then double-clicking them... that installs them into our local keystore ... once there, I can delete them from the download folder.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: WinHTTPRequest Client Certificate

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion. The client certificate provided to us is a .der file, which we have to import to the server in question (we're using the 'Certificates (Local Computer)' MMC snap-in). I need to install this certificate in a store (and have the relevant path to the store) so it can be referenced by all users when calling the SetClientCertificate method. How would I do this?

When installing under the 'Certificates (Local Computer)\Personal\Certificates' node and using 'LOCAL_MACHINE\MY\CertificateName' as the path when calling SetClientCertificate other users receive a Method '~' of Object '~' failed message.

Thanks!