Thread: microSD card error message about how the disk is write protected fixes ?

Hybrid View

Fanatic Member

microSD card error message about how the disk is write protected fixes ?

I have a memory microSD card that says the disk is write protected. I used the diskpart command of the https://superuser.com/questions/8189...rite-protected tutorial page but I could not fix the error, does anyone know how to fix it ?

Re: microSD card error message about how the disk is write protected fixes ?

When a micro-sd card detects that it is reaching the end of its read/write cycles, it locks itself to read-only. This is not just a micro-sd card feature. I have a 64gb memory stick permanently a windows 10 install drive now. Maybe if you had low-level command tools and rewrote the bios on the card, you could do something but it's just not worth it and it locks for a reason.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

Fanatic Member

I have a low-level format but it does not work or is not normally format, you see the image file http://www.mediafire.com/view/8gqqds...oSD01.jpg/file and http://www.mediafire.com/view/40isxi...oSD02.jpg/file

I still see files and folders on the microSD memory card http://www.mediafire.com/view/40isxi...oSD02.jpg/file

I cannot use the diskpart command http://www.mediafire.com/view/9mty8q...oSD04.jpg/file

Do you have any way to fix this microSD memory card error ?

Frenzied Member

Are you by some chance using an adapter that has a lock switch on it? Did this card come from a mobile device that may have locked it?

Fanatic Member

You are right, how to fix this memory card now ?

Frenzied Member

Who is right, and in what way?

Fanatic Member

topshot talk right "Are you by some chance using an adapter that has a lock switch on it? Did this card come from a mobile device that may have locked it?"

Frenzied Member

If you are using an adapter with a lock switch then turn the switch off. If a mobile device locked it, you'll need to put it back in that mobile device and unlock it first.

Fanatic Member

I have inserted a microSD memory card into the smartphone but it cannot read the memory card. I attached it to the computer, computer read the memory card.

It could be a class/density issue. SD cards come in varying classes which affect their storage and capabilies. Depending on the reader you put it in, it may or may not be able to support a card of that class. IF you put a 256Gb Class IV card into a phone that can only support a 32GB Class II card... I'm not sure what happens. I'm not sure if it simply become unreadable, or if it limits it, or if it locks it down. OR if it ruins the card. But that's something I'd check. See what size & class your phone supports and make sure the card is compatible.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Fanatic Member

I understand you said but before this memory card was still used for this phone after I turned on the security mode on the phone and suddenly ran out of battery so this phenomenon happened, the phone could not read the card but the device counted then readable