dcsimg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13 years

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: 13 years

I struggled to get them down. That's all I'm saying
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    I struggled to get them down.
    You're supposed to take them with a glass of water.

Wait a minute, maybe I misunderstood. Try loosening your belt first.

King of sapila

There is also another diodes.
    But this way you get them in, not down.
    But, whatever seems more relaxing.
    Wha, What! Thread starts derailing again (as usual). If so I would like to talk about my favorite foods.
    Slow as hell.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

If so I would like to talk about my favorite foods.
    go on then !!
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

The Greeks put the chips inside the kebab!! The Godless heathens!!

Actually, I can vouch that this is culinary genius on their part
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

King of sapila

About Kebab. I think you mean Greek Souvlaki (aka Pita Giros) that we put the chips in?
    Else I don't really like Kebab so I'm not sure what you mean. It's not originally Greek anyhow (or it maybe from ancient Greek foods but I won't look this up now).

So if I where to make a list here, I would probably go with:
    1)Pastitsio. Said it before say it again, if you haven tried you don't know what you are missing (https://www.olivemagazine.gr/wp-cont...er-430x575.jpg) .
    You can refer it like something close to musaka but I actually dislike musaka becaue it has aubergine and I hate aubergine like the plague.
    2)That would be (roughly translates, as I don't know the English terms) Red meat(veal) with potatoes dipped in Meats sauce with Feta Cheese.
    3)Yep, Greek Souvlaki (I prefer the Pita and chips, aside in another plate and combine this with either a Dark Beer like Guinness or A Fisher Dark (not the Green bottle BS) )
    4)Pizza. I would go with (again roughly translated) thick crust and cheese, additional Feta cheese, bacon,ham,mushrooms,veal and sausage.
    5)Lamb on the spit, usually make this at eastern. It need to be made by experts else the meat is like gum but if made properly, it may well go to No2.
    6)From here it ain't a standard turn but other favorites are:
    Burgers, except not that abomination done in US. Just the meat and we cook them in different ways (p.e. with bread, without bread, I mean inside the meat), and also use some greens inside like basil and of course the sauce and the potatoes.
    Stake with chips, red trahanas (i didn't know the term, google translated like frumenty? ), Meat Roll with eggs inside and some fish-ish (i don't like fish) like squid(ward) and octopus.
    Omelet with cheese inside and sausage and ham and ketchup (all this while making it)
    Some of this make even better combined with some Greek Cheese (Feta,Mizithra,Kefalotiri) .
    For sweet, I would go with galaktoboureko. Custard Pie. It really kicks a$$.
    https://www.mygreekdish.com/wp-conte...p1-800x512.jpg
    Annnd now I am hungry and I have to get aaaallll the way out of the building allll the way out to the restaurant and aaaalll they way to the line (there are roughly 2-3000 people from this company and others around) and hope there is something good today because I forgot to bring food with me
    Slow as hell.

I think you mean Greek Souvlaki (aka Pita Giros) that we put the chips in?
    Either Souvlaki or Gyros. Over here we'd refer to either of those as a kebab. Of course, we'd smother it in chilli sauce and leave out the chips, thus rendering it completely inedible unless preceded by 6 pints of Stella and a Jaeger bomb

I will say, when I was over last year I really liked the custom of bring a small plate of food whenever we ordered drinks.

King of sapila

Yep. I don't know what's wrong with eating in UK. I could not digest properly all the time when I was studying there.
    Yeah we are accustomed to bring something to bite on when drinking. Of course it ain't like UK that drinking starts at 9 in the morning, so we bring a little cheese or something and not pancakes
    Actually we are accustomed on drinking wine or Ouzo with the food (Ouzo especially in the summer) but since I don't like either I prefer to go with a really cold beer.
    And of course the food is great. Since we are on 30 degrees for the weekend, I will honor a couple of Souvlakia with beer after a nice swimming the next couple of days. One of the benefits of living here (if they(politicians traitors) could take away the sun then they would tho).
    Slow as hell.

My join date is Nov 1, 2002; however, I was actually reviewing the forum a bit before that.....

I was part of Internet.com (Jupitermedia.com) at the time, and they bought VBForums. I was the lucky (?) sole that became responsible for this forum.

It was a nightmare.

Once I joined, I spent several months being brutally attacked (verbally) as I tried to bring order to the chaos. The forum was fraught with huge political and religious debates (fights/attacks) with a complete disregard for courtesy towards one another. I was the one that had to bring everyone in line in order to make this a respectable forum. I had to get the forum to a position where advertisers wouldn't go running and screaming away because of what was posted.

I will say that it took time, but you you guys (and this forum) cleaned up pretty well!

Brad!

EDIT: I should correct that to, most of you guys cleaned up pretty well....
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (My recent articles) (I wrote: Web 2.0 Heroes!) (My Blog) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
    what was the worst thing said or done by somebody that was then banned ?
    I won't name a name...... but the craziest response I got to a banning was actually a phone call from a person overseas that was banned. He called me late at night drunk trying to justify why he posted the stuff he posted - which he said he did when he was drunk, so we should let it slide.....

Clearly posting and drinking don't mix......

And yeah - don't try to dig yourself out of a banning by calling an admin when you are drunk......

Brad!

I remember the drunk posting that got him banned. but I never knew he called you
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Awesome, you got drunk dialed by a member. That's pretty unique....hopefully.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Awesome, you got drunk dialed by a member. That's pretty unique....hopefully.
    Only happened once to me that I recall in my 25 years of managing online forums. I've gotten more death threats than drunk calls.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (My recent articles) (I wrote: Web 2.0 Heroes!) (My Blog) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    I won't name a name...... but the craziest response I got to a banning was actually a phone call from a person overseas that was banned. He called me late at night drunk trying to justify why he posted the stuff he posted - which he said he did when he was drunk, so we should let it slide.....

Clearly posting and drinking don't mix......

And yeah - don't try to dig yourself out of a banning by calling an admin when you are drunk......

Brad!
    OMG, how did he get your Tel.No. ?

ps. your Avatar is driving me Crazy, can you slow it down a bit?

p.p.s don't ban me now
    to hunt a species to extinction is not logical !
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

PowerPoster

Just drug back in with a db question after being away from here for awhile. Joined Feb 15th, 2001 . . . 18 years and change. Seems unreal. A surprisingly large number of mod user names I recognize . . . can't remember if all were mods back then but definitely remember them.

King of sapila

You may not recognize them because after mitosis back in the day , they where split and then merged again.
    Some examples of old mods where Funky Hiker, Shaggy Dexter and Steve R Dog 888. Of course we had the big split of 03 of Brad "the R" Steve Jones. That went bad as Brad started a 15 years mumble of "VBForums "shigh" VBForums "shighs" VBForums ....
    Slow as hell.

Can't parse...unbalanced quotes...
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Bring back mendhack. and timeshifter.
    My usual boring signature: Something

Quote Originally Posted by dclamp View Post
    TS has shifted into an alternate reality now. Mendhack got hacked and all his existence was erased except for pictures of him as a child growing up in Bolivia
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by dclamp View Post
    And Gep13. Really nice guy.
    Slow as hell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12