dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Issue with WPF Form?

PowerPoster

Resolved [RESOLVED] Issue with WPF Form?

I'm learning WPF and noticed on a Form a small control type like box at the top center of the form just above the "Reset" button (see attached image). I'm sure it can be removed but have a feeling it might have to do with a setting in the IDE itself. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Blake

Re: Issue with WPF Form?

Just a small FYI, Form is a Windows Forms thing. In WPF, the equivalent is a Window. Obviously "form" is a well-used term in programming but the class in WPF is literally Window, where it's Form in WinForms.

You can click on that bar to expand it to provide tools resembling the developer tools available in a browser for debugging web applications. I'm not sure if you can turn it off but I'm also not sure you should. You should learn to use it for debugging and testing purposes.

OK, just worked out how to turn it off. If you expand the bar, the first button is 'Go to Live Visual Tree'. Click that to open the Live Visual Tree window in VS. On the toolbar in that window, the first button is 'Show runtime tools in application' and it is checked by default. If you uncheck that, the toolbar will not be displayed in your window at run-time.

For the record, I haven;t done any WPF development for years and have never seen that feature before. The first I heard of it was from reading your question and I worked out what it was and how to use it simply with a bit of experimentation and investigation.

PowerPoster

Thanks for the tip about Form/Window...I didn't know.

When I clicked on the "Go live to visual tree"...it hid the Window and just took me back to the IDE. I did not see a toolbar in that Window?
    Blake

Quote Originally Posted by blakemckenna View Post
    When I clicked on the "Go live to visual tree"...it hid the Window and just took me back to the IDE. I did not see a toolbar in that Window?
    That's exactly what should happen. Like I said:
    Click that to open the Live Visual Tree window in VS.
    Did the 'Live Visual Tree' tool window open in VS? It did for me. If you then uncheck the first toolbar item like I said and go back to your window, you should see that that toolbar is gone.

PowerPoster

View the screenshot. When I click on the highlighted button...the window closes and returns me to the VS IDE. There is nothing anywhere in my IDE that shows "Live Visual Tree".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Blake

PowerPoster

No worries though...I just found a way to do it...probably the same way you did through the "Options".
    Blake