Thread: hello all

Wink hello all

hello to you all, I am a total newbie to visual studio and want to build a database program using vb.net.
    I have been using access to build databases with some success (and a lot of failures), so I decided to give visual studio a try, I am using vs2015 have lots of questions to ask and I hope this looks like the best forum to ask for help. so if you can put up with me asking what to you might be silly questions in the future i thank you .

Re: hello all

Welcome to the forum,

There are no silly questions, we all have to start somewhere.
    Utterly useless, but always willing to help

As a finishing touch god created the dutch

thank you

Karen Payne MVP kareninstructor's Avatar

Hello,

See my GitHub repository for working with MS-Access databases on GitHub. Note there are several Microsoft TechNet article that go along with the repository listed as part 1, part 2 and part 3.

There is no code samples for working with Visual Studio data wizards which work with TableAdapters.

Side note Entity Framework 6 does not support MS-Access while Entity Framework Core does with a library EntityFrameworkCore.Jet.

Consider using SQL-Server with Entity Framework 6. The following shows reading SQL-Server relational data using a class which is called from a form to show data as per this code block.

Karen Payne MVP kareninstructor's Avatar

Hello,

See my GitHub repository for working with MS-Access databases on GitHub. Note there are several Microsoft TechNet article that go along with the repository listed as part 1, part 2 and part 3.

There is no code samples for working with Visual Studio data wizards which work with TableAdapters.

Side note Entity Framework 6 does not support MS-Access while Entity Framework Core does with a library EntityFrameworkCore.Jet.

Consider using SQL-Server with Entity Framework 6. The following shows reading SQL-Server relational data using a class which is called from a form to show data as per this code block.