dcsimg

Thread: OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod!!!!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod!!!!

Jim Henson's making a prequel series of the Dark Crystal for Netflix.

I am currently summiting heights of geekspolsiveness never before scaled.
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Re: OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod!!!!

Even better, it's already available on Netflix!
    I haven't watched it yet, but I'm very curious.

Is it already released? Erm… Excuse me, Mr. Manager, I'm felling very unwell and am going to have to go home and recover. Call it a stomach upset.

I'm stunned that it didn't appear in my suggestions so I only heard about it when I came across that article. If it's already out I'll be binge watching the living hell out of it this weekend.

Now, if Jim will just do a new release for Labyrinth I may never have sex again. It'd just seem like such an anti-climax.
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

https://www.netflix.com/nl-en/title/80148535

Why have sex at all? Plenty to watch besides the original Labyrinth

PowerPoster

I not a huge fan but I know those who are. I'm only surprised they haven't mentioned this to me already. Must be a busy Summer.

What can I say. I was 10 when the original came out and I saw it in the cinema. It was terrifying

PowerPoster

I'm really surprised that Jim Henson is working at all. That can't be pretty picture.

I'm really surprised that Jim Henson is working at all.
    Oops, slip on my part

Watched the first 5 episodes so far and it's really good. Feels a little dated but I suspect that's deliberate to be in keeping with the original. Feels properly dark but with occasional silliness (even the skeksies are essentially muppets after all). Waiting for a miss piggie cameo.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Loved the original Dark Crystal, was one of my favourite films as a kid, the Skeksis where terrifying. I just hope they do the new series justice but sounds promising at least from what you have said FD.

Glad that the new one is being done with puppets and by the same team, it would have been terrible if they had tried to animate it
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

The Crystal Calls Making the Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
    https://www.netflix.com/nl-en/title/80238013

Quote Originally Posted by NeedSomeAnswers View Post
    Loved the original Dark Crystal, was one of my favourite films as a kid, the Skeksis where terrifying. I just hope they do the new series justice but sounds promising at least from what you have said FD.

Glad that the new one is being done with puppets and by the same team, it would have been terrible if they had tried to animate it
    The original plan had been do an animated series... when Netflix got the proposal, they called back and asked how much would it cost do it live action... I'm glad they did... there's just no other way it could/should have been done.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Watched the last episode last night. IT WAS FRICKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!

The Skeksis were particularly good with a really weaselly, sycophantic but horribly cruel and treacherous portrayal. And Mark Hamill get's to bring his Joker voice to the table which is a perfect fit for a Skeksis. In fact, I've decided to declare today International Talk Like a Skeksis day. Hmmmmm!

Only downside, no Miss Piggy. (I might have a secret crush on Miss Piggy).

there's just no other way it could/should have been done.
    Agreed. One does not draw a muppet!

PowerPoster

Only downside, no Miss Piggy. (I might have a secret crush on Miss Piggy).
    So does Link Hogthrob, so you better watch your back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by wes4dbt; Sep 6th, 2019 at 08:55 PM.

Link Hogthrob needs to keep his trotters to himself and leave my pulchritudinous porkchop alone.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Link Hogthrob needs to keep his trotters to himself and leave my pulchritudinous porkchop alone.
    lol

Always thought Link Hogthrob was the funniest character name EVER!!! I laughed everytime I heard it.

When they brought the muppets back they were going to introduce a rival for Miss Piggy called Spamela Hamderson.