PHP User Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: bbcode_highlight in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4197

PHP User Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: bbcode_highlight in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4197

VS 2010 How to print all the columns of a selected row in datagrid view?-VBForums

Thread: How to print all the columns of a selected row in datagrid view?

How to print all the columns of a selected row in datagrid view?

Hi,

I am new to VB. I have several tables (like table 1,2,3 and such) with different number of columns in each table.
    I am trying to write a code to print ALL the columns of a selected row in datagrid view as a string to a log file.
    I want to keep the code minimal without having to modify it for each table.

Here is what I have so far..

Code:
     Dim row1 As Integer = (DataGridView1.CurrentCell.RowIndex)
                        Dim col1 As Integer = (DataGridView1.CurrentCell.ColumnIndex)
                        Dim X As String = ComboBox1.Text

Dim filename As String = "C:\Log Files" & "\Logfile.txt"
                        Dim data1 As String = " "
                        Dim columncount As Integer = dt.Columns.Count
                        For i As Integer = 0 To columncount
                            data1 = DataGridView1.SelectedRows(0).Cells(i).Value.ToString                    
                            i = i + 1
                       Next
                        sw.WriteLine(Now() & " " & My.Computer.Name & " " & My.User.Name & " " & ComboBox1.Text 
                        & " Where Updated ID = " & txtID.Text & " " & data1)
    This code fails to return the required result. Can someone pls help?

Thanks!

Re: How to print all the columns of a selected row in datagrid view?

You can use the String.Join method to combine values from a list into a single String with delimiters between them, e.g.
    vb.net Code:
    1. Dim fields = String.Join(", ", DataGridView1.SelectedRows(0).Cells.Cast(Of DataGridViewCell)().Select(Function(dgvc) dgvc.Value))
    Also, don't use concatenation when calling WriteLine when WriteLine provides its own composite formatting:
    vb.net Code:
    1. sw.WriteLine("{0} {1} {2}", Date.Now, My.Computer.Name, My.User.Name)

Resolved Re: How to print all the columns of a selected row in datagrid view?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    You can use the String.Join method to combine values from a list into a single String with delimiters between them, e.g.
    vb.net Code:
    1. Dim fields = String.Join(", ", DataGridView1.SelectedRows(0).Cells.Cast(Of DataGridViewCell)().Select(Function(dgvc) dgvc.Value))
    This works great. This is what I wanted..
    Thanks jmcilhinney