dcsimg

Thread: bin\debug folder empty

Question bin\debug folder empty

I'm in the process of learning VS 2019 with Visual Basic again. I have run into the problem that when I run my program it errors off with Visual Studio cannot start debugging because the debug target <filename> is missing. I know I have screwed up something, but I have no clue where to look. I have run multiple test programs using the Visual Basic book examples and they all seem to work. I rebuilt my program several times and the same thing happens. Where can I look and find the solution? Thanks

Re: bin\debug folder empty

When you build your project, does it actually succeed? If the output folder is empty then that would suggest not.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    When you build your project, does it actually succeed? If the output folder is empty then that would suggest not.
    Yes the program compiles and starts running and I have msgbox prints that come up, but when it tries to load a new forms I get this error.

Use the Build menu to do a Clean and then a Rebuild, then post a screenshot of your Output window and your Error List window.

visual studio error.docx

Here is the error:

Now could you do what I asked for? Please just attach an image, not a Work document containing an image.

Question Re: bin\debug folder empty

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    Now could you do what I asked for? Please just attach an image, not a Work document containing an image.
    That is the error I'm receiving when I run the program. I don't know how to send it without copying it to a word file. I did <Ctrl><Alt><PrintScreen> to save it to a word file. But when I tried to save it to this screen it did not work.

I believe I located what was wrong. There was an error that referenced a With RSHorses in my code . I had it in module that wasn't referenced, but putting the "Dim RSHorses as object" corrected the error and the bin\DeBug error was fixed. Sorry.