dcsimg

Thread: Microsoft Visual Basic - alphacam

Microsoft Visual Basic - alphacam

Hello,
    If it's wrong place for problem sorry but I'm desparate.
    I'm working in ALPHACam, after computer format and installing Windows 10 - we have 2 windows at startup.

Name:  license.PNG
Views: 173
Size:  5.0 KB
    Name:  activex.PNG
Views: 175
Size:  3.2 KB

We have problem with license, exactly I am working with module to alphacam 2013 - APM VERSION 12.0.0
    I can't connect with database(not_responding after few seconds)

Name:  apm_not_responding.PNG
Views: 170
Size:  6.0 KB

1. Version of visual basic could create problem with alphaCam APM?
    2. What you propose? What should I check? Reinstalling doesn't work.

If i wrote in wrong section, again sorry and please(moderator) move post to correct sect.

thanks

Frenzied Member

Re: Microsoft Visual Basic - alphacam

The error message suggests this program was written in VB6 rather than .Net or at least uses a VB6 control.

Nevertheless, your best chance for a resolution is just calling tech support at the company.

I'm trying to determine whether this is actually a programming question or not. Are you writing an application in VB.NET and using this alphacam library in it? If so, it sounds like you simply need to install the license for that library (which was presumably written in VB6 if it's ActiveX) in the same way as you did originally. If you don;t know how to do that, you should consult the vendor. They can tell you how to instll the license and provide you with any file(s) that might be required.

thanks for answers,

I'm trying create parametric project in module alphacam - APM(Automated Parametric Manufacturing). This is the main problem care and support by vendor software finished. We have license to 2042 but without help software company. If do you have any idea how i can solve problem, let's try to fix it. I am trying unninstall newest Microsoft Visual Basic but it's doesn't work.

thanks for answers,

I'm trying create parametric project in module alphacam - APM(Automated Parametric Manufacturing).
    This is the main problem care and support by vendor software finished.
    We have license to 2042 but without help software company.
    If do you have any idea how i can solve problem, let's try to fix it
    I am uninstall newest Microsoft Visual Basic but it's doesn't work.

Frenzied Member

If the vendor refuses to support the version you have then you can either upgrade their software to a supported version or downgrade your OS to one that your version works on. This has nothing to do with VB.Net programming.

For whatever reason, the setup program the vendor (Alphacam?) has provided for Alphacam and the APM plug-in it uses is not working correctly on Win 10. Will it still work on Win 7 (or whatever OS it was running on before the "computer format")?