dcsimg

Thread: Autofilter the visible range only

Hyperactive Member

Autofilter the visible range only

Hi
    I need to perform filtering on two columns usign VBA. The first filtering should give me the docuemnt number and the second filtering should give the highest version for that document number.

My code is here:

Code:
    For K = 0 To UBound(DMSCCNR) - 1
     SourceWorkBook.Worksheets(MyWSheets.Name).Range("A2:H" & TRowsSourceFile).AutoFilter Field:=1, _
     Criteria1:=DMSCCNR(K), Operator:=xlFilterValues  'column 1/A is the document number
     SourceWorkBook.Worksheets(MyWSheets.Name).Range("A2:H" & TRowsSourceFile).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).AutoFilter Field:=3, _
     Criteria1:="1", Operator:=xlTop10Items 'column 3/C is the version number

Next K
    It gives me the higest version that exist in that column but not for the visible range.

Any help is Appreciated.
    Thanks.

PowerPoster

Re: Autofilter the visible range only

you could try like
    Code:
    SourceWorkBook.Worksheets(MyWSheets.Name).Range("A2:H" & TRowsSourceFile).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).AutoFilter...............................
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Hyperactive Member

Isn't it what I am doing?
    Code:
    SourceWorkBook.Worksheets(MyWSheets.Name).Range("A2:H" & TRowsSourceFile).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).AutoFilter Field:=3, _
     Criteria1:="1", Operator:=xlTop10Items 'column 3/C is the version number

PowerPoster

do you have rows that are hidden?, or are you referring to rows on the current visible area of the worksheet?
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Moved to Office Dev
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd