Thread: How to connect/link two shapes with polyline in the picturebox?

How to connect/link two shapes with polyline in the picturebox?

How to connect two shapes with polyline in the picturebox? and to assign the start point and end point snapped to my shapes? Also if I move the shapes, then the line at end and start can be moved belonging to the shapes as moving (shapes are Linked together by polyline)? it is part of scheme drawing project that I am demanding to make by VB.NET and Picturebox GDI+ Drawing.

Is there any possibility for you to help doing this functionality by Code?

Another Question?
    the following code is drawing polyline for array of points, how to end this polyline by an specific end point? by Code?

Code:
    If points.Count > 1 Then
                e.Graphics.DrawLines(Pens.Black, points.ToArray())

End If
    Many thanks!

Re: How to connect/link two shapes with polyline in the picturebox?

First of all, I would recommend that you read the following, as well as the linked blog post:

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?588199

What I would probably do in this case is start out by defining a type for each of your shapes as well as the lines. The lines would have properties for the shapes at each end and the shapes would have properties for each attached line. You may also need to store data about the nature of the attachment, e.g. a specific side. When a shape was moved, you could loop through all its attached lines and update them based on the new position of the shape.