dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Problem with Form

Resolved [RESOLVED] Problem with Form

I have some code that previously took the user from a menu form (that closes) to a show a form called frmIndividualTimes ... this now flags as an error and my project will not run.
    Code:
    Private Sub CbIndividualTimes_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles cbIndividualTimes.Click
            'takes the user to the Individual times form

frmIndividualTimes.Show()
            Close()
    End Sub
    The line frmIndividualTimes.Show() now gives the error:

Error BC30545 Property access must assign to the property or use its value.

My project will no longer run ... what has happened ?!?
    Has something happened to this form? Is there some setting on this form that I have unwittingly changed?

Re: Problem with Form

.Show() is supposed to be a method... not a property... it sounds like you may have introduced a property to the form called Show and since it is defined at a higher level than the method, it's hiding the method. Take a look at your form's code and see if there is a public property called Show. If there is, you'll need to rename it to something else.
    But that also means that if you used the property anywhere, you'll need to make those changes as well.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: Problem with Form

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    .Show() is supposed to be a method... not a property... it sounds like you may have introduced a property to the form called Show and since it is defined at a higher level than the method, it's hiding the method. Take a look at your form's code and see if there is a public property called Show. If there is, you'll need to rename it to something else.
    But that also means that if you used the property anywhere, you'll need to make those changes as well.

-tg
    Thank you very much ... yes I did introduce something like that. Problem solved !!