Thread: [RESOLVED] [B]A Setup Installer with documentation[/B]

Lively Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] [B]A Setup Installer with documentation[/B]

I have been reviewing several Setup Installers: Install Shield, Wix, Visual Studio Installer, Advanced Installer. I am having difficulties finding User Instructions for them.
    Advanced Installer for Visual Studio 2017: The video tutorials are rediculus, with annoying jangling music in the background
    Wix: Too much like a complicated BatchFile. I would at like to have a GUI
    Visual Studio Installer: The only tutorials I have found is on YouTube. If I ever see another video from "Noos" I will kill myself
    Install Shield: Is this the best there is?

I would love some feedback from the Forum as to what Installer they use, where to get it and is it supported with documentation
    ...thanks in advance, Paul

Re: [B]A Setup Installer with documentation[/B]

This question has nothing at all to do with VB.NET so it doesn't belong in the VB.NET forum. I have asked the mods to move it to the Application Deployment forum.

Thread moved to the 'Application Deployment' forum, which is where questions about installing/distributing your software belong

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    Thread moved to the 'Application Deployment' forum, which is where questions about installing/distributing your software belong
    This Thread has been RESOLVED.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by BasicBasic View Post
    Why don't you share how it was resolved for anyone with a similar question in the future.

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by topshot View Post
    Why don't you share how it was resolved for anyone with a similar question in the future.
    I'm sorry. I am new to this Forum and was unaware of the courteous procedures. If anybody followed the Threads, it is obvious how it was RESOLVED as a pathway towards a conclusion was self evident. Is it too late to post a Resolution Statement now?

Frenzied Member

No, it's not too late. You can add a reply with the resolution. Whatever instructions you found may prove useful to others as well as why you choose the installer you did.

Lively Member

This post was resolved because it was posted on the wrong thread. I am new to this forum and was not aware of the procedures.

In that case it has not been resolved.

This was originally in the wrong forum, but I moved it to the correct one (I see that you created a copy of this thread, but that was deleted because it was a duplicate).

The issue is only resolved when you have a solution, or you decide for some reason that you no longer need one.

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    In that case it has not been resolved.

This was originally in the wrong forum, but I moved it to the correct one (I see that you created a copy of this thread, but that was deleted because it was a duplicate).

The issue is only resolved when you have a solution, or you decide for some reason that you no longer need one.
    What mechanism is available to CANCEL a post other than using RESOLVED. I did not see CANCEL as a choice. If there is no other mechanism other than RESOLVE, please do not reply to this thread, thanks everybody for your concern.

What mechanism is available to CANCEL a post other than using RESOLVED. I did not see CANCEL as a choice. If there is no other mechanism other than RESOLVE, please do not reply to this thread, thanks everybody for your concern.
    How about you just let people respond as they see fit and then use or ignore the information provided as you see fit? If no one responds then how do you know whether that was because there is no other mechanism or because no one could be bothered to tell you what the other mechanism is?

If there's good reason to delete a thread then you can use the Report Post icon to send a message to the mods and ask them to delete it. Otherwise, just mark it Resolved so that everyone can see that you no longer need assistant without having to open the thread. The nature of the resolution doesn't really matter.