dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Installer insists 4.6.1 isn't installed.

Resolved [RESOLVED] Installer insists 4.6.1 isn't installed.

I have an normal WebForm app targeting .NET 4.8.0. I added an installer to it just now, but when I run it, the installer insists i need 4.6.1 installed. But I have 4.6.1 installed, and I'm not targeting it. In the "Prerequisites" form I unchecked the box "Create setup program to install prerequisite components." but that doesn't fix the problem.
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Why does it want 4.6.1?

Re: Installer insists 4.6.1 isn't installed.

I discovered under the Launch Conditions a condition for .NET framework. And it's looking for 4.6.1. I am guessing the wizard added this? But if my targeted version in the main project is 4.8.0, why would the wizard make this 4.6.1? And I can't delete it.

Re: [RESOLVED] Installer insists 4.6.1 isn't installed.

I solved my problem. After doing to wizard setup again and then doing it manually, it still had this problem. When I look under Detected Dependencies I double clicked on "Microsoft .NET Framework". On the left under "Launch Conditions" I clicked on ".NET Framework" and in the version property on the right in the properties pane, I selected ".NET Framework 4.8" and now it compiles properly and installs without the warning. I have no idea why it's falsely detecting 4.6.1.