dcsimg

Thread: Menu in VB6 like AdminLTE

Menu in VB6 like AdminLTE

Greetings to all

How can you implement a menu in VB6 like AdminLTE? Or there is a user control already implemented or maybe an OCX.

Thank you for your answers

Name:  menu_admin.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  49.0 KB

Re: Menu in VB6 like AdminLTE

Thread moved from CodeBank, which is for finished snippets rather than questions.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Back when Outlook made these the "in thing", saw lots of attempts at creating them. Don't know if any exist in this forum -- search both the CodeBank & UtilityBank for keyword: "Sidebar"

PlanetSouceCode probably has some attempts; though that isn't an endorsement.

P.S. Usercontrol and OCX are the same thing. Welcome to the forums
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Hyperactive Member

It's not the same thing, but some use a ListView or a TreeView.

PowerPoster

I've recently posted a very lightweight Control into the codebank,
    which should be adaptable with relative ease for that scenario:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...bStrip-Control

These "vertical Tab-Entries" are completely ownerdrawn, so one can render anything
    on those rectangular "Tab- or MenuItem-areas" - including different "indentations", to make
    e.g. specially flagged record-entries in an ADO-Rs act more like "Sub-Menu-Items"...
    (the DataSource for this is sitting outside the control, so a "filterable ADO-Rs" would
    be a nice Container for "tree-like Menu-Descriptions".

HTH

Olaf

Lively Member

Coming in a little late here, but I could probably create this pretty easily in 10Tec's iGrid in about an hour or so, with very little 'custom draw' code, if any. I'm wanting to do something similar in my own commercial apps since I already use iGrid pretty heavily, but just haven't gotten there yet. iGrid has a tree grid feature built-in that allows you to have multiple columns and has no flickering refresh issues. They don't have an example of this on their website right now for what you're wanting, but I assure you, that screenshot isn't hard to do in iGrid. Feel free to PM me if you think I can help.

Thank you all for your answers, I have not yet managed to have a behavior like AdminLTE

PowerPoster

It sounds like you are after something like the UWP NavigationView control.

So far nothing of this kind has been added to the native Win32 Common Controls, probably because it really isn't a good choice for most native applications.

But yeah, you could cobble this sort of thing up in an MDI Form by putting a TreeView control and some other junk into a left-aligned PictureBox and skinning the hell out of it and adding behaviors to make it act like a NavigationView I suppose.

Quick and dirty demo:

Name:  sshot.png
Views: 80
Size:  5.1 KB

Only the Forms "First" and "Second" have been implemented in this demo, and the Forms have weird distinct background colors and only have a single Label on them. That's because it is just a demo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dilettante; Sep 24th, 2019 at 01:00 PM. Reason: reposted with minor cleanup

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    It sounds like you are after something like the UWP NavigationView control.

So far nothing of this kind has been added to the native Win32 Common Controls, probably because it really isn't a good choice for most native applications.

But yeah, you could cobble this sort of thing up in an MDI Form by putting a TreeView control and some other junk into a left-aligned PictureBox and skinning the hell out of it and adding behaviors to make it act like a NavigationView I suppose.

Quick and dirty demo:

Name:  sshot.png
Views: 80
Size:  5.1 KB

Only the Forms "First" and "Second" have been implemented in this demo, and the Forms have weird distinct background colors and only have a single Label on them. That's because it is just a demo.
    This is really a good idea. Use the existing controls to achieve the desired functionality through a clever combination.