Hi Everyone, I'm an experienced coder, but have little VB experience and inherited an old hybrid app. It's VB6 code mixed with C/C++ and involves an ODBC driver. In any case, It's instantiated as a web service (IIS) that starts an ASP script. I know it's failing in a particular .cls file, but I can't find a way to set a break point to catch it.

I've used VS 2015 and VS 2010 to try attaching to w3wp.exe (I'm on Windows Server 2012) and dllhost.exe, but no luck. I can trap code in the ODBC driver part of things, and when the exception is hit, if I then attach to w3wp.exe, it shows the .ASP code (though I can't set a break there), but I can't get to the .cls file that's being called.

The error message I get from the browser is just "An error occurred on the server when processing the URL.", which is useless. I'm able to attach to w3wp.exe and set breakpoints after the app has started but before the exception happens, but can't seem to catch breaks in the .cls code.

Can anyone help? I can use VS 2008, 2010, 2012 2013 or 2015 if any one is better for this purpose. Thanks.