Thread: Change .Container dinamically

Question Change .Container dinamically

Hi guys! Im developing a Custom Control (a form scroller) where it present scrollbars and allow to scroll the controls wich are inside a picturebox.
    When I put my custom control on a form it allow to be used as a Container, but the problem is that every control I add is bound to the Usercontrol and not to the picturebox that scroll inside.
    I tried changing the container of the added objects to the picturebox with this code:

Code:
        Dim o As Object
        For Each o In UserControl.ContainedControls
            Set o.Container = picPicture
        Next
    but that dosn't seem to work. Any ideas if its posible ?

PowerPoster

Re: Change .Container dinamically

It is not possible.
    You can't change the container of a control that its parent is a Form to a container inside an UserControl (you would need to change the Parent).
    In the past I've tried with the API SetParent but it worked with problems.

Here I just posted a control that does that but changing the position of each individual control.

Thanks you Eduardo! Seems your control does exactly what I was doing. (wanted scroll to be able to be used in desing mode)
    With your permision I want to use is as the base of my control. (I will port a few things from my control like .top,.left and an event when user scrolled it to the bottom)

Thumbs up Re: Change .Container dinamically

Thanks you Eduardo! Seems your control does exactly what I was doing. (wanted scroll to be able to be used in desing mode)
    With your permision I want to use is as the base of my control. (I will port a few things from my control like .top,.left and an event when user scrolled it to the bottom)

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by shagratt View Post
    Yes, of course, you can use it as you want.