dcsimg

Thread: MSMASK32.ocx Trouble

Lively Member

Unhappy MSMASK32.ocx Trouble

Hi
    We have just moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and are having trouble copying and registering the MSMASK32.ocx file for a VB program I developed. I can no longer access VB6 from any computer but we have continued to use the program.
    Does it work in Windows 10? Our IT department don't seem to think it does.
    Please help!
    Thanks.

Hyperactive Member

Re: MSMASK32.ocx Trouble

I'm on Win10 1903 and both VB6 Pro and the Masked edit control (MSMASK32) work fine.

MSMASK32 is in the SysWOW64 folder and would have been put there by the VB6 installation. If you have a 32bit OS then the System folder is for you. Registration would need to be done with administrator rights. Just because you may be the system administrator, on Windows 10 this does not mean that anything runs with administrator rights. You need to right click regsvr32.exe and run as administrator.

HTH

Re: MSMASK32.ocx Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Grant View Post
    I'm on Win10 1903 and both VB6 Pro and the Masked edit control (MSMASK32) work fine.

MSMASK32 is in the SysWOW64 folder and would have been put there by the VB6 installation. If you have a 32bit OS then the System folder is for you. Registration would need to be done with administrator rights. Just because you may be the system administrator, on Windows 10 this does not mean that anything runs with administrator rights. You need to right click regsvr32.exe and run as administrator.

HTH
    Youre right but I would suggest running the cmd.exe as administrator to have a full console with admin rights