dcsimg

Thread: How To Fix SQL Database Error 824 ?

Hyperactive Member

How To Fix SQL Database Error 824 ?

My data SQL Server is reported this error, How does this error fix you ?

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: torn page (expected signature: 0xaaaaaaaa; actual signature: 0x5555aaaa). It occurred during a read of page (1:210768) in database ID 7 at offset 0x00000066ea0000 in file 'G:\Database\MyData.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.
    During redoing of a logged operation in database 'MyData', an error occurred at log record ID (30182:834:13). Typically, the specific failure is previously logged as an error in the Windows Event Log service. Restore the database from a full backup, or repair the database.
    Could not open new database 'MyData'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 824)

Re: How To Fix SQL Database Error 824 ?

Did you do any of the things suggested in the error message you quoted?

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

This one's a biggy. Basically, your database has become corrupt right down in it's guts and probably isn't going to be easy to fix. It's not something you're going to be able to do by amending data - it's the underlying structure that's gone wrong and you don't get to access that directly.

1. If you have an up to date backup that you can fall back on then a full restore is probably going to be your easiest solution. If you don't then I'm afraid you're about to learn a painful lesson in why you should have up to date backups. And a recovery plan.
    2. Your second option is to use DBCC CheckDB to scan the database for errors and, potentially, repair them. N.B. DO NOT JUMP STRAIGHT INTO A REPAIR! If it was that easy sql server would have just done it for you. Instead, run the scan and look at the error messages it's generating. Do some research and see if the errors are likely to be repairable at all. Once you know what you're dealing with you can run it with 2 repair options (there's a third that doesn't attempt to repair anything so I'll skip that). Repair Rebuild is the safer of the two. It will fix what it can but will not attempt to fix anything that might involve data loss. It might get you home and dry. Then there Repair Allow Data Loss. This will fix a bunch more stuff but your data is not guaranteed. Chances are high that you'll lose some.
    3. You could try out some of the third party tools. Generally they just wrap up DBCC CheckDB in a nice interface but you may find that easier to use and you might find one that does more than CheckDB (I doubt it, but you never know)
    4. If none of that works then I'm afraid you're pretty much stuffed. Some corruptions simply can't be fixed. It's rare, but it happens.

Good luck.
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Hyperactive Member

The Microsoft company's not support tools or software to fix data errors ? I have read the document you sent to me, I just encountered this error and do not know how to fix it. I am looking for a tool or software to fix the error from the Microsoft company, I have not found the Microsoft company's application to fix this.

There are some things that cannot be fixed. If data has become corrupted to a significant degree then no tool can magically turn it back into what it was. There has to be some way to determine what it was to be able to return it to that state and if no such way exists then no tool will be able to fix it. That's why, as suggested, you need to be sure to take regular backups of important data. Your desire for Microsoft to be able to fix this is unrelated to their ability to do so.