dcsimg

Thread: scheduling a sending email

Frenzied Member

scheduling a sending email

Based the checked item in listview i need to send an automated email based the date in column DATA...

idea?

my first idea is to create a batch in txt file based item in listview, and send process in scheduling of Windows...or using directlly Outlook

naturally other way are welcome!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by luca90; Jun 20th, 2019 at 09:25 AM.

Re: scheduling a sending email

If you have a routine that sends emails from within VB6 (I do, and I use GMAIL SMTP), simply have your PROGRAM schedule/send the email(s) on the date(s) in your listview.

I send out 'reminders' to myself for birthdays, anniversaries, etc (for church and family)...I have my program check the DOB's/Anniversaries and then a certain number of days prior to those dates, my programs sends ME the reminder email. You should be able to do the same thing---have your program send the emails on those listed dates as applicable.

Sammi

Fanatic Member

I would use the Date or Now functions in a Timer. If you use Thunderbird, then you could install Send Later Add-on to send messages at specific time and date. I use it all the time to send email to customers in their time zones.

Edit: If you are accustom to Outlook, you may want to add "Lightning" Add-on as well, which adds Calendar and Reminders features.
    Last edited by qvb6; Jun 20th, 2019 at 03:51 PM.

PowerPoster

if you are sending emails using outlook you can use DeferredDeliveryTime for the message to schedule when it is sent
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete