dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Changing JPG sizes

Resolved [RESOLVED] Changing JPG sizes

Is it possible to change the dimensions of jpg's stored in a folder?

I have 81 (a small number) jpg's, approximately 1/2 were captured (using MS' Snipping Tool) at 141 by 162 (width/height), and the other 1/2 are 215x246.

I would like all to be of the latter larger size. Ideas? I do NOT need to do this with VB6 (the program I am using to go through this directory and create a MS Word document with these images).

I do not care if the resolution of the smaller is made worse by doing this.

Re: Changing JPG sizes

If you don't care doing this manually, you could always use MS Paint. It has a Resize menu option where you an specify the new dimensions and can save as JPG. There are freeware/shareware tools that can do that also. With VB6, you can use GDI+ to load JPGs and save as JPGs. A few options available.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

PowerPoster

MS Word seems an odd choice to me, but you probably have your reasons.

I can't think of any tool for batch conversion that comes preinstalled with Windows but there is always stuff like IrfanView.

Doing it in VB6 would be easy enough since we've had WIA 2.0 for a very long time now. It can even be installed in creaky old WinXP SP2 or later yet as long as you have the redist package but it comes standard as part of Windows Vista and later. Or you could fall back on the GDI+ Flat API and there should be tons of sample code and wrapper classes incorporating the small subset of GDI+ you'd need.
    Last edited by dilettante; Jun 14th, 2019 at 02:28 PM. Reason: oops, too slow

Roger! thx both....don't CARE to do this manually, but such a small number I just may...OR, COULD search for those sample codes of GDI+ (not something I've ever delved into...but hey, ODCLNT!

EDIT---MS Word chosen as the Church uses it (and PDFs) for members' directories.

Re: [RESOLVED] Changing JPG sizes

Well, to simplify, decided to do this manually....used a pdf in which the "smaller" sized images are located, then simply set the zoom to an appropriate level for the pdf, then captured each one with the Snipping Tool...much easier than learning NT (New Tricks)!!!!

So, decided to Mark as Resolved, as it IS, for ME.

Sorry to have bothered ya'll with something so simple.

Hyperactive Member

Re: [RESOLVED] Changing JPG sizes

IrfanView has File-->Batch conversion/Rename. Just click on the Advanced option to resize all selected images. 2 minutes of learning curve, plus few seconds to convert all files.