dcsimg

Thread: Visual Studio 2017 crashes all the time

Visual Studio 2017 crashes all the time

Hi,

I am using VS 2017 community. It freeze and then close, and restart constantly. Like 10 times every hour.

Does anyone else have this problem? I do some research and many people have this problem, but I cannot find a solution as every article I read is say something different...
    Don't miss the whole point of the dance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHnIJeE3LAI

Karen Payne MVP kareninstructor's Avatar

Re: Visual Studio 2017 crashes all the time

Try doing to the developer command prompt found in the menu item under programs from the Windows start button, once the prompt is up try devenv /safemode. Run VS for a while, if the problem goes away it may be caused by a bad behaving extension for VS. There are other possibilities such a caching issue, see the following post.

EDIT: Another thought is this may be an issue with the current solution/project so you might need to consider that too. For instance a component that is not behaving at design time.

Re: Visual Studio 2017 crashes all the time

Quote Originally Posted by kareninstructor View Post
    Try doing to the developer command prompt found in the menu item under programs from the Windows start button, once the prompt is up try devenv /safemode. Run VS for a while, if the problem goes away it may be caused by a bad behaving extension for VS. There are other possibilities such a caching issue, see the following post.

EDIT: Another thought is this may be an issue with the current solution/project so you might need to consider that too. For instance a component that is not behaving at design time.
    Hi Karen,

Thank you very much. I shall try this
    Don't miss the whole point of the dance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHnIJeE3LAI