dcsimg

Thread: Multiple Users and Multiple User Details on same form

Multiple Users and Multiple User Details on same form

Hi,

I have two tables that is one to many.

I have a User (top grid) and in bottom grid the tasks for that User. In this example User 4 have completed 2 tasks.

In this form on the left hand side is User and associated Tasks and on the right hand side is User with associated Tasks.

I want to compare User 4 to User 5 (on the same form) In the left hand side User 4 is selected and below is tasks. Now on the right hand side (top grid) If I select User 5 then on the Left hand side user 5 is also selected.

Whatever I do on left is reflected on right and vice versa.

How can I have this (left hand side and right hand side) work independently from each other?

Name:  tasks.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  19.4 KB

Thanks
    Don't miss the whole point of the dance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHnIJeE3LAI

Re: Multiple Users and Multiple User Details on same form

Use separate BindingSources. If you're not sure how to have the lower grid filter child records by parent then check out my CodeBank thread on Master/Detail data-binding. If you have four different BindingSources then you can just bind the two DataTables but have the bound controls work independently. It's the binding that controls the selection and filtering so that's what needs to be independent.

Re: Multiple Users and Multiple User Details on same form

Having said that, you may actually have to create two DataViews of your child table and bind the child BindingSources to those rather than to the DataTable to enable independent filtering. I'm not 100% sure so try without first but, if it doesn't work, give that a go.