dcsimg

Thread: Firefox & verified By Visa

Firefox & verified By Visa

When trying to pay by Visa credit card on line, I get 'Verified by Visa' message box showing but then hangs saying processing... It never shows the info about entering the codes and doesn't give the ability to enter the required codes - just 'processing....'

Is there a particular setting in Firefox I have to set/reset in order for this to work? I'm using 66.0.5. I've tried disabling all add-ons but that has no effect. Also tried temp disabling virus protection (Kaspersky on one computer and Avast free on another) and that again makes no difference. Content blocking is standard. I've tried adding exceptions for one site that's affected by this but again no effect.

Can anyone shred some light on this please. I'm tearing out what little hair I've got left over this....
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++17 Compiler: Microsoft VS2019 (16.1.3)

PowerPoster

Re: Firefox & verified By Visa

Does this happen on only one site??? If so then it's probably the site. I use Visa all the time with no issue (but I don't use Firefox, I use Chrome), have you tried using the IE. To be honest I don't remember ever seeing "Verified by Visa" when using my Visa online.

It has happened on more than one site on more than one computer. Only some sites that accept visa payment use 'verified by visa'. I'm based in UK and these were UK sites. I try to pay using paypal where I can, but some sites still require credit card payment. Amazon is fine as although it uses credit card payment, it doesn't use 'Verified by Visa'.

Using IE is going to be a little tricky. I'll have to try and remember my site passwords. With firefox they just get entered automatically after the first time, and of course I haven't written them down and with a different password for each site....
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

If you are letting FF store login information - FF has a manager that will let you see the information.

QUESTION->I used to see Verified by Visa on your website. Is this service different?

ANSWER-> No. Although the Verified by Visa name is no longer in use, the same technology is in place to help protect you. In fact, this service was recently enhanced to make transactions more secure and the user experience more seamless.

https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/f...d-by-visa.html

Thanks for the info re login details. I'd 'overlooked' that option for obtaining them. Doh!

I've 'circumvented' the issue by using a non-visa credit card. I've now given up on this and chalked it down to 'one of those strange internet things that happen that can't be explained'.

IMO some of these 'security' protections are getting somewhat too complicated. I know they're needed and they're great when they work but are ****** when they don't. We have pop-up blockers, ad blockers, dubious site blockers, firewalls, malicious content blockers, internet security etc etc etc. Magic when they work, but the devil to understand and sort out when they don't.

And to make things worse - FireFox and Chrome are trying to make it where we can't use some of the blockers because it causes performance issues with the browsers....that they say isn't their fault...and it isn't.