dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Need help calculating a date in the future based on days in another table

Resolved [RESOLVED] Need help calculating a date in the future based on days in another table

Hello all,

I am trying to calculate a date based on a date entered in a form in Access. The date is in the future and is based on the number of days contained in another table. The other table contains fields "Early" & "Late" which will both be needed. The table that contains the Early & Late number of days is called tblSpecies.

VBA and SL are not my strong points by any means. I have tried DLookup which I believe will work but I cannot figure out how to specify the row of data I need so it just gets the dates for the first row which isn't correct, I need to get it for the Species ID but I cannot figure out how it should appear in the DLookUp statement.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Re: Need help calculating a date in the future based on days in another table

I have made some headway on this but Still having an issue. I believe I have found the correct syntax, etc., but I am still getting the incorrect # of days. I am still getting the number of days for the 1 row of data in the table when I should be getting the number of days for the 4th row of data.

Me.EarlyDate = DLookup("Early", "tblSpecies", Forms!frmAnimalDataEntry!Species)

This is getting the data and if I look at "Forms!frmAnimalDataEntry!Species" when hovering the mouse over it it say the value is 4 which is correct, and the # of days for line 4 is 58, but when I hover the mouse over "Me.EarlyDate" that says 330 is the number of days which is from the 1st row of data in the table and is incorrect.

Thanks

Dave

Re: Need help calculating a date in the future based on days in another table

I have it figured out

Thanks for looking.

Dave