Thread: Fill the fields in dynamically created webbrowser

Fill the fields in dynamically created webbrowser

Hi, i created dynamically webbrowser in for loop and navigate to url, i want fill the username fields with MyBrowser_DocumentCompleted events but no success, i am adding AddHandler but again not succes, ho can i fill the fields in for loop.

I created all elements in action without only tabcontrol, add tabcontrol in form and delete tabpages firstly.

PHP Code:
    Public Class Form1

Dim WithEvents MyBrowser 
    As New WebBrowser

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.ObjectByVal e As System.EventArgsHandles MyBase.Load

Dim Sites
    () As String = {"Facebook""Linkedin"}

Dim Url() As String = {"https://m.facebook.com/""https://www.linkedin.com/uas/login"}

For 
    0 To Sites.Length 1
                Dim TabControl 
    As New TabControl
                Dim newTabPage 
    As New TabPage()

Dim MyBrowser As WebBrowser = New WebBrowser

newTabPage
    .Text Sites(i)

TabControl1.TabPages.Add(newTabPage)

AddHandler MyBrowser.DocumentCompleted, New WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventHandler(AddressOf MyBrowser_DocumentCompleted)

newTabPage.Controls.Add(MyBrowser)

MyBrowser.Navigate(Url(i))

MyBrowser.Dock DockStyle.Fill
                MyBrowser
    .ScriptErrorsSuppressed True

Next

End Sub

Private Sub MyBrowser_DocumentCompleted(ByVal sender As System.ObjectByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgsHandles MyBrowser.DocumentCompleted

MyBrowser
    .Document.GetElementById("m_login_email").SetAttribute("value""mymail")

MyBrowser.Document.GetElementById("username").SetAttribute("value""myusername")

End Sub

End 
    Class 
    Last edited by Enigmatic; May 1st, 2019 at 03:37 AM.

Re: Fill the fields in dynamically created webbrowser

Any ideas?

What isn't working?

For one thing, this is a bad idea. Automating interactions with web pages is ultimately doomed to frustration. Those who maintain web pages frequently change them, so what works today will fail tomorrow. This is done for a variety of reasons. In the case of the two sites you show in your code, they both have terms of service limiting what you can do automatically. Logging in is not explicitly prohibited, or this thread would be closed, since we do not support the writing of anything that violates the terms of service of other sites. However, since both of these sites forbid content scraping, then they probably make automated logins as difficult as they possibly can be. You may simply be writing to the wrong place, or in a way that it is getting rejected.

Any site that WANTS you to be able to automate actions will provide an API for you to use. The advantage of an API is that you don't have to go through the painful steps that you are taking of loading a page, waiting for parts to finish loading, then trying to find fields, add data, submit data, and so on. Also, an API won't change very often, if at all, so you can count on an application that uses an API to keep working while you can count on a web scraping application to keep failing as changes to the page are made.

So, what you are trying to do is not explicitly prohibited, but it is very likely that the sites have made it difficult, and possibly even impossible to do right. Use the API, if possible.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    What isn't working?

For one thing, this is a bad idea. Automating interactions with web pages is ultimately doomed to frustration. Those who maintain web pages frequently change them, so what works today will fail tomorrow. This is done for a variety of reasons. In the case of the two sites you show in your code, they both have terms of service limiting what you can do automatically. Logging in is not explicitly prohibited, or this thread would be closed, since we do not support the writing of anything that violates the terms of service of other sites. However, since both of these sites forbid content scraping, then they probably make automated logins as difficult as they possibly can be. You may simply be writing to the wrong place, or in a way that it is getting rejected.

Any site that WANTS you to be able to automate actions will provide an API for you to use. The advantage of an API is that you don't have to go through the painful steps that you are taking of loading a page, waiting for parts to finish loading, then trying to find fields, add data, submit data, and so on. Also, an API won't change very often, if at all, so you can count on an application that uses an API to keep working while you can count on a web scraping application to keep failing as changes to the page are made.

So, what you are trying to do is not explicitly prohibited, but it is very likely that the sites have made it difficult, and possibly even impossible to do right. Use the API, if possible.
    Just to add on, they do not prohibit auto-fill what they discourage is automatically logging in by means of automation, or non-user contact.

I honestly discourage this as well, but if you NEED to login to a website automatically, or want to make your life easier, take advantage of stay login features that BOTH of these sites have. Unfortunately its hard to do in VB since the controls are disposed on exit.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

I gave these sites as examples. I have subscribed commercial sites, I would like to store the addresses and passwords of these sites in the configuration file and facilitate my work. After logging in, I need to get my sales reports. I wouldn't have a job with my facebook. I'm sending the real image of the system I'm trying to do, see here. also don't look at every helper with exploitative eyes.

Name:  vbforum.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  23.2 KB