dcsimg

Thread: Changing the Screen Resolution

Changing the Screen Resolution

hi... can someone give me an API code on how i will change the monitor screen resolution... id like to put it on the form load so that i can force the user to use 1024x768 when they using my program and then back again to 800x600 when they finish running my program. also api code to detect what is the screen resolution.. thnx!

Re: Changing the Screen Resolution

Why? Unless it's a game, and taking over the entire display, an application has no business changing the resolution. Also, what if the monitor can't handle that resolution? If you're going to change it back to 800x600, then maybe it was at 800x600 for a reason in the first place.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

800x600??? Yeah, right. A 4:3-ratio.
    How many people DON'T have a 16:9-Screen nowadays?
    If i installed a program, that would switch between resolutions the way you want to, it wouldn't take a second for me to decide to throw that program into the bin....
    One System to rule them all, One IDE to find them,
    One Code to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
    in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People call me crazy because i'm jumping out of perfectly fine airplanes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For health reasons i try to avoid reading unformatted Code

Chances are, if they have their monitor resolution set to 800x600, it is only because it won't support 1024x768.