dcsimg

Thread: Filter/Search Listbox

Filter/Search Listbox

So I have a basic listbox, that loads XML data from a setting (its a string collection), users can currently delete a selected item or clear them all, but I want to be able to search. I have yet to find something that will work, I have tried several methods, and they are all involving "strings" which are not valid with the string collection type.

Ideas on how to properly complete my goal?
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.
    See my browser project BeffsBrowser
    Try my new Browser project LightBrowse "A Browser and not much else" Screen Capture with Imgur API

Unless said otherwise (e.g. From one of my projects thus, those are mostly licensed under MIT) - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Re: Filter/Search Listbox

You're going to have to provide a more detailed explanation of what you mean because "filter" and "search" are not the same thing. Please ALWAYS provide a FULL and CLEAR explanation of the problem. Pretend that we have no prior knowledge of your situation and explain it in that context.

Try my Searchable ComboBox

The basic principles are the same...

I am trying to do both, I was also trying to put the source of the list box as the auto complete source of the text box too, couldn’t seem to get it to let me. Thanks for the link I’ll see what I can come up with I managed to get a search function but it’s nkt what I want exactly.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.
    See my browser project BeffsBrowser
    Try my new Browser project LightBrowse "A Browser and not much else" Screen Capture with Imgur API

Unless said otherwise (e.g. From one of my projects thus, those are mostly licensed under MIT) - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.