dcsimg

Thread: Active Directory Login for VB.Net program.

Active Directory Login for VB.Net program.

I'm busy writing software for a school, and they use Active Directory to login. That want to use it to log into to my software as-well, as the apparently the teachers are bad with passwords lol.

Has any one worked with Active Directory yet? or can anyone advise me where to start ... thanks.

Re: Active Directory Login for VB.Net program.

Utterly useless, but always willing to help

As a finishing touch god created the dutch

Utterly useless, but always willing to help

As a finishing touch god created the dutch

LDAP is probably where you need to start.

Quote Originally Posted by bjsteyn View Post
    I'm busy writing software for a school, and they use Active Directory to login. That want to use it to log into to my software as-well, as the apparently the teachers are bad with passwords lol.

Has any one worked with Active Directory yet? or can anyone advise me where to start ... thanks.
    Will they be running your software on computers that have already logged into Active Directory or will they need to run it from computers that aren't part of the domain but still log in with their AD credentials?

Quote Originally Posted by PlausiblyDamp View Post
    Will they be running your software on computers that have already logged into Active Directory or will they need to run it from computers that aren't part of the domain but still log in with their AD credentials?
    What the schools IT administrator said ...
    "yes, they would normally be logged into a machine already authenticated unless you are going to allow them in from home at some stage?"

My reply to him ....
    "I think even if they want to access it from home, wouldn't they remote in over the VPN in like i'm doing and be authenticated on there active directory account? So it would be the same as login in from the domain.

Like i said i don't really understand how it works yet, but understand it part of windows server and manage all your user accounts in some sort of manner.
    Etheirway if we can just get it working on the lan for now, then later look at home access, by then i should have some sort of idee how things work."

His reply ....
    "Indeed"

Lol thought be easier than to try and explain it. As far as i understand if they remote connect over the VPN later (for now we just want it working over lan) they should login with there active directory details, so it should work in the same fashion. Like i said a complete newbie to active directory so will appreciate any direction ....

I connect to the FortiClient to there network, then remote connect using the local lan ip to get onto the server.