dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Como Ofuscar un ejecutable en vb6

Resolved [RESOLVED] Como Ofuscar un ejecutable en vb6

Buenas,

Quisiera saber si existe alguna manera de ofuscar el codigo de un ejecutable echo en VB6....pues estoy utilizando una aplicacion cliente/servidor, en la cual, la data se envia cifrada con AES (ecb), con llaves pre-compartidas (PSK), pero esas llaves deben de almacenarse en algun momento en variables, por lo cual no sabria cual es la mejor solucion.....

Gracias x adelantado

Re: Como Ofuscar un ejecutable en vb6

InglÚs. por favor

Google Translate:

I would like to know if there is any way to obfuscate the code of an executable echo in VB6 ... because I am using a client / server application, in which the data is sent encrypted with AES (ecb), with pre-shared keys ( PSK), but these keys must be stored at some point in variables, so I would not know which is the best solution .....

Thank you in advance

echo..."made"

assuming 'ofuscar' is 'to extract'

You'd have to store them encrypted. How complex this would have to be depends on what kind of threat you are expecting. VB6 is notoriously difficult to decompile. However, string resources in VB6 are not notoriously difficult to decompile, so pulling the strings from a VB6 application is possible without decompiling the application itself. Therefore, if you store the strings as plain text, that's a hole. If you encrypt the strings, then you're reasonably safe against moderate threats, but not against more serious attempts. Beyond that, though, you probably need a web service for authentication such that the critical stuff isn't even part of the program.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Upps...so sorry, i should tell my problem in English, i didnt realize.... my bad

Thanks @Shaggy Hiker, that's what i thought....im using the Diffie-Hellman method in the vbRichClient made by Olaf to create the private key to crypt/decrypt, and another method as said before (AES-ECB-PSK), to make the encryption/decryption but the most vulnerable exe is the Client Application, so as u said, i'll need to store the strings encrypted in order to make harder to break the protection..

Thanks again.

Tu Ingles es muy bueno!

Thanks a lot pal....i had to learn to could communicate with people like u guys at forums like this, thanks to this i can everytime solve problems, and sometimes help people.....i live in Cuba, and here we speak in Spanish.

Well, your English is better than some native speakers.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing